Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever (or still do) set up their rifle with dual lights?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think ol' Chris Costa used to run a dual light set up on his rig. Or at least did in one of the Magpul videos if I recall right. That said, I think that had to do with them running incandescent lights at the time and those bulbs weren't as durable as today's LEDs and as such could break and fail. At which point there a valid point to having two on the gun. With LED tech, and the fact that I have a few Surefire lights that have been through total hell and look it but still run just fine, I generally would feel a single quality light is enough. Now, two lights for two different tasks? Different situation and obvious mission drives the gear. I suppose one might argue for two lights on the rig because run time is not ideal, but I don't generally agree with that either.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDevil View Post
    I've seen the Larue double mount used in hog hunting to hold a white light and green light. As far as 2 lights on the gun, just depends on your mission and preferences, I run 2 white lights on my HD carbines. An Inforce at 12 o'clock for short range flood and Malkoff scout for throw. Inforce is good for indoors, and the scout is good for outdoors.
    got any pics of this setup?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Sorry, not at this time, I'm out of state on business. It's an Inforce HSP WML 400 mounted at 12 o'clock, and a Surefire/Malkoff scout at 2 o'clock ran by tape switch using a Cloud Defensive LCS also at 12 o'clock behind the Inforce. It may be overkill for a civilian HD weapon, but I like it. I think the Inforce is good at shorter ranges, but is lacking if wanting to shine into vehicles or into the shadows across the street, etc. My ultimate opinion on running 2 lights is have a justification for them. I think I came up with a relevant one and it's only really feasible with today's smaller, lighter torches.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I run two white lights on my suppressed 5.5" .22 lr upper. One is flood and the other is spot, but it's strictly for 4 legged vermin after dark.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Talking about lights, have any of you looked into the Surefire M600IB? If not, check it out. I have one and it works just the way they say it will. Just enough light up close and more light the further out you go. The photo sensor does a great job at regulating the light.

http://www.surefire.com/m600ib-z68-bk-scout-light.html

Last edited by Renegade04; 09-15-17 at 17:30.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    Talking about lights, have any of you looked into the Surefire M600IB?
    Have one on my Tavor...

It does work great. Turn it on, put your hand a few inches in front, and watch it dim out.

If the IB is an option for future purchases, I'll get it... but not swapping out current Surefires for it. My two Furys are staying put, as well as the 6PX on my AR. The X300 will also stay in the safe (don't like the controls, but a weapon light doesn't go bad).

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Talking about lights, have any of you looked into the Surefire M600IB? If not, check it out. I have one and it works just the way they say it will. Just enough light up close and more light the further out you go. The photo sensor does a great job at regulating the light.

I was going to recommend the same, mine is awesome.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score

I'll consider it. I still got another 3 or so rifles that need lights.

Feedback Score
    I mean, this is a thing... https://www.hardenedarms.com/ecProdu...20Hand%20Guard

It's not my thing but my fiancee wants one for a shark-themed AR build (whatever gets someone in the hobby, I'm fine with it).

Feedback Score
    That's not redundant...

THIS is redundant
    "There is no nice way to arrest a potentially dangerous, combative suspect. The police are our bodyguards; our hired fists, batons and guns. We pay them to do the dirty work of protecting us. The work we're too afraid, too unskilled, or too civilized to do ourselves. We expect them to keep the bad guys out of our businesses, out of our cars, out of our houses, and out of our faces. We just don't want to see how its done."
    -Charles H. Webb, Ph.D.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast