Thread: LBT ULV plate carrier

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

LBT ULV plate carrier

London Bridge introduced an Ultra Low Vis PC. anyone see this or have an opinion?

http://lbtinc.com/ulv17

never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    I saw them on Instagram but I'm trying to figure out what the appeal is for this carrier. Is matching on a plate carrier after labor day a tactical faux pas?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I'm also curious about it, wouldn't mind having something concealable and fairly inexpensive.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    It doesn't look very concealable at least not compared to their slick carrier http://lbtinc.com/6094sc which sometimes goes on sale for around $100.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm just looking for something to carry plates and a couple mag and a TQ, maybe something like a BFG 10speed triple. I've had it with all the built in pockets, pouches, molle and snaps/buckles/guides. I do want something easy to put on/off..
    Last edited by ra2bach; 09-18-17 at 06:59.
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    It's no more or less concealable than most other plate carriers given the same plates. The question is, concealable under what and under how much scrutiny?

Velocity, Deliberate Dynamics, Ferro, SKD, all offer a similar product and almost any plate carrier can simply be stripped of any pouches to achieve a similar result.

Your biggest limiting factor will be the shape and thickness of your armor package. No matter what, you'll have to compromise somewhere on thickness, protection, weight, and cost.

Feedback Score
    I have no hands on knowledge with the LBT.

I do have the Ferro Concepts Slickster and the Tac Tailor Lo-pro. I like the Slickster a lot better. The cummerbund has "pockets" that you can stuff a mag, radio, or tourniquet in. Most people are oblivious when it comes to plates. I've worn it under a flannel and people are too busy looking at their phones than me next to them. (work in a plainclothes role) As Specialk said, your plate profile is the biggest issue, but I found the way the slickster "straps" are integrated pulls the plate closer to your body than the TT. On the TT the straps "attach" to the back of the plate pocket. On my body, this creates a noticeable shelf in the clothes. The Slickster doesn't seem to as bad.

The LBT looks like it may not have this problem with how the straps attach to the front. I dislike that you have to run the side plate pockets to get side pockets though. I find that I can conceal the side pockets better than something on the front and the plate pocket looks like it would push out further than I like. I also disliked that they only introduced a double mag shingle for the front. A.) I don't need 6 Mags. B.) If I did need 6 mags, they wouldn't be on the front of my PC

Ultimately it depends on what your trying to accomplish. If we are going overt, I'm wearing a PC with nothing on my sides and only a ten speed rifle mag shingle on my front. Pistol, radio, pistol mags, and med kit are going on a belt. If we're going covert, it's a pistol appendix, and the Ferro PC. If needed, I can plus up mags or radio in the sides of the PC. Both roles that I require are easily filled by the Slickster.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Well, it does look better for concealment than their other "Low Profile" carrier which just has all sort of stuff still sewn all over it that doesn't seem like it would help with concealability...

Seems like an updated version of a slick carrier they made for Devgru.... (if this is legit):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/London-Bridg...219576/?_ul=PR

So... someone call up the SEALs and ask how they liked it maybe?

Here's a couple pics that may give an approximation of how it may work concealed (although IMHO, they're a mediocre approximation...):

http://www.recoilweb.com/two-new-arm...ge-127763.html

First impressions based on pictures- It's a slick JPC swapped with a Velocity Systems Elastic C-bund and a modified PIG Elastic Plate sleeve....
    I kind of hope those shoulder straps aren't as long as they look...
    I think they fact that they took into account the ability to add side plates for those that want it is nice, but I too don't like the fact that you *must* have the M4 pockets as well. But I mean, to be fair.... if they lay fairly flat when empty and you're wearing side plates anyway... It's probably no enough extra bulk to matter.

I don't know... depending on how excessively long the shoulder straps are and how well the plates are pulled to you this could actually be an interesting bit of competition to the current concealable PC market...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I have been happy with my Beez NIJ II. It’s comfortable and low viz with my 2nd Chance Monarch soft armor, with a button down shirt. I think with multicurve plates it would be a solid low viz choice. Especially if you’re fit. It’s not as pretty as the others but Beez Combat Systems make some serious, solid gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Sorry to revive a dead thread; I was looking at this particular plate carrier myself.

I used the Velocity Systems low-pro plate carrier as a DOS mobile security contractor; that thing is bare bones, straight utilitarian designed, that felt like the lowest bidder put it together, BUT, it sure was lightweight and super low profile. These were used with thin, curved, uncoated level III steel plates rated for M80 ball. (what's spalling? LOL.)

Anyway, this prompted me to buy an LBT 6094V Gen II carrier. This particular carrier appealed to me because it doesn't have all of the extra MOLLE and crap hanging off of it like the newer 'SLICK' carriers do. I stuffed AR500 brand Level III+ Lightweight curved plates in. These are the .21" thick plates with a base layer of PAXCON, and they work very well under a loose button up shirt. Pretty much invisible as long as you dress to the plates. Feels very much like the contractor kit that I wore. Anyway, this 6094ULV carrier looks pretty similar to the 6094V, except that the ULV shoulder straps appear to have velcro which attaches to the actual main portion of the carrier, as opposed to just the straps (which are sewn on.)

These things are awesome for concealment, and see a lot of use when conducting public sales, or going to Wal-Mart at 2AM. Hopefully this helps anyone who is on the fence about this carrier.