Thread: Deal Alert. Didn't Need a New Caliber But $53 For a Savage 12FV in 6.5 Creedmoor

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Deal Alert. Didn't Need a New Caliber But $53 For a Savage 12FV in 6.5 Creedmoor

was too good to pass up. I owned a Savage 12FV pre-accutrigger several years ago in .223 that I used mostly for prairie dog in Wyoming and South Dakota. That rifle could shoot and many hits were made on prairie dogs out to 800 yards with that rifle. My 10FP in .308 has also been a great, accurate rifle.

I received an email that Cabela's has the 12FV in a number of calibers on sale for $100 off.
    Regular price $419
    -$100 off Sale Price $319
    -$100 Visa Gift Card mail in rebate offer ( I spoke to a Savage rep today and confirmed the 12FV is eligible for this offer in addition to the 12FVC)
    -5% Veterans Discount
    -$20 from a Cabelas Bucks coupon that came in the mail yesterday
    -$50 Cabelas gift card that was on sale last month for $41.00
    -2x $50 Cabelas Gift cards from my wedding last month
    +free shipping
    +No sales tax in Oregon
    +$10 Oregon State Police background check fee
    $53 out the door using slightly fuzzy math.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    was too good to pass up. I owned a Savage 12FV pre-accutrigger several years ago in .223 that I used mostly for prairie dog in Wyoming and South Dakota. That rifle could shoot and many hits were made on prairie dogs out to 800 yards with that rifle. My 10FP in .308 has also been a great, accurate rifle.

I received an email that Cabela's has the 12FV in a number of calibers on sale for $100 off.
    Regular price $419
    -$100 off Sale Price $319
    -$100 Visa Gift Card mail in rebate offer ( I spoke to a Savage rep today and confirmed the 12FV is eligible for this offer in addition to the 12FVC)
    -5% Veterans Discount
    -$20 from a Cabelas Bucks coupon that came in the mail yesterday
    -$50 Cabelas gift card that was on sale last month for $41.00
    -2x $50 Cabelas Gift cards from my wedding last month
    +free shipping
    +No sales tax in Oregon
    +$10 Oregon State Police background check fee
    $53 out the door using slightly fuzzy math.
    Out of stock, but backorderable.

$219 still a pretty good deal!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    That's pretty sweet! Think I'll start asking for cabelas gift cards for Christmas!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nightvisionary,

Thanks for posting this. I didn't get my normal Cabela's ad in the mail so I would have missed it otherwise. After the veteran's discount, buying discounted Cabela's electronic gift cards from Raise.com, and the rebate, my net cost will be $185.70 thanks to sales tax. Now the backorder waiting begins. That and deciding exactly how much I am willing to spend on a chassis to put it in (provided it shoots well to begin with).

-Craig

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW I've never not had a Savage rifle shoot 1 MOA or better!

Being left-handed, my 1st was a LH 30-06 that would shoot 1" 3-shot groups at 100Y w/ Win white box 150-grn softpoints. Not stellar, but being a kid - it was fine for me. Added LH 260 Rem & 7mm-08s through the years and handloaded the 7-08 was remarkable, ragged one hole groups, but had to wait after 3-shots to cool w/ the skinny barrel. Ventured into a beginner benchrest wanna-be for a few years w/ a big, heavy lam stock model 12 in 223. At least really learned & applied precision reloading technoques there, etc.

My current Savage is short-action heavy barrel 308, model 11 VT w/ Accu-Trigger. Got it on a similar deal from Dicks Sporting Goods - $100 instant off retail of $450, plus $75 rebate & 25% off if I opened a CC there. Couldn't do it fast enough ... paid just over $200 out the door.

Looked at chassis systems & Manners stocks, even considered the Boyd wood-lam tactical @ $110, but ended up buying a Savage Accu-Stock w/ bottom metal & 10-rnd mags from a Seller here for $150. Such a deal and shoots like a house afire!
    I only went w/ 308 as my Uncle gave me dozens of boxes of Sierra SMKs to feed her.
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!