Thread: 7.62x39 LMT Bolt......... Have Questions

Feedback Score

7.62x39 LMT Bolt......... Have Questions

Is anyone running the LMT Bolt in their 7.62x39 AR15 build? Worth the money?

https://www.lmtstore.com/parts/bolts...ete/l7r3b.html

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    WoW... they're definitely proud of that bolt !

Take a look at these guys: http://www.undergroundtactical.com/p...assembled.html

Got 1 with over 2k rounds and no issues...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin338 View Post
    WoW... they're definitely proud of that bolt !

Take a look at these guys: http://www.undergroundtactical.com/p...assembled.html

Got 1 with over 2k rounds and no issues...

They seem to be lol.

Thanks for the link, i just wanted to make sure its worth the extra $100+.

Feedback Score
    I bought an LMT 7.62x39 bolt about 7 or 8 years ago when I built my first 7.62x39 AR. Back then I think they were around $150, still pricey. I've had no issues or failures with mine.

Since then I've built two more in 7.62x39, another carbine and an AR pistol. I've fired a lot of 7.62x39 thru my ARs, a mix of surplus Yugo (brass cased) and various steel case. One has an AIM bolt, the other has an Alpha Shooting Sports bolt. Never had any bolt failure. If you want the strongest bolt and price isn't a factor, LMT is a solid choice. But AIM bolts have a pretty good track record and you can get a complete BCG starting around $100 or just a bolt back up kit for $60. I highly recommend my LMT bolt but at their current price I can't bring myself to buy another.

The LMT 'lobster claw' extractor is well made BUT I've heard if it breaks there's no replacement parts available from LMT.

BTW the Alpha bolt was what came with my first upper, it just sat on the shelf til I purchased a complete Palmetto State Armory. Their bolt has a thinner edge than any of my other bolts so I swapped it and put the PSA in the spares box.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
    I bought an LMT 7.62x39 bolt about 7 or 8 years ago when I built my first 7.62x39 AR. Back then I think they were around $150, still pricey. I've had no issues or failures with mine.

Since then I've built two more in 7.62x39, another carbine and an AR pistol. I've fired a lot of 7.62x39 thru my ARs, a mix of surplus Yugo (brass cased) and various steel case. One has an AIM bolt, the other has an Alpha Shooting Sports bolt. Never had any bolt failure. If you want the strongest bolt and price isn't a factor, LMT is a solid choice. But AIM bolts have a pretty good track record and you can get a complete BCG starting around $100 or just a bolt back up kit for $60. I highly recommend my LMT bolt but at their current price I can't bring myself to buy another.

The LMT 'lobster claw' extractor is well made BUT I've heard if it breaks there's no replacement parts available from LMT.

BTW the Alpha bolt was what came with my first upper, it just sat on the shelf til I purchased a complete Palmetto State Armory. Their bolt has a thinner edge than any of my other bolts so I swapped it and put the PSA in the spares box.

When you get a chance can post a picture of the LMT 7.62x39 bolt next to a 5.56 bolt? I want to compare the 2, thanks!