Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Equifax Breach

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Equifax Breach

One, did you all check to see if you have been impacted? Most likely you have. Two, the entire thing human error and straight up negligence on their part. This from the company that has info you didn't give them who will ruin your credit for being late with a payment, and or, make it damn near impossible to remove something from your report you didn't cause. People really should be outraged about this.

A few execs in the company stepped down (vs being fired) and and no doubt, left with millions in golden parachute reward for sucking at their jobs. I recommend you PASS this around and let the powers that be (your elected officials will also be directly impacted so probably pissed off) you want a federal investigation and those found guilty, pay the price.

Failure to patch two-month-old bug led to massive Equifax breach

The Equifax breach that exposed sensitive data for as many as 143 million US consumers was accomplished by exploiting a Web application vulnerability that had been patched more than two months earlier, officials with the credit reporting service said Thursday.

"Equifax has been intensely investigating the scope of the intrusion with the assistance of a leading, independent cybersecurity firm to determine what information was accessed and who has been impacted," company officials wrote in an update posted online. "We know that criminals exploited a US website application vulnerability. The vulnerability was Apache Struts CVE-2017-5638. We continue to work with law enforcement as part of our criminal investigation, and have shared indicators of compromise with law enforcement."

The flaw in the Apache Struts framework was fixed on March 6. Three days later, the bug was already under mass attack by hackers who were exploiting the flaw to install rogue applications on Web servers. Five days after that, the exploits showed few signs of letting up. Equifax has said the breach on its site occurred in mid-May, more than two months after the flaw came to light and a patch was available.

Cont:

https://arstechnica.com/information-...month-old-bug/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Thanks Will. This is just par for the course now days in corporate greed USA. No wonder Bernie has so many followers bashing capitalism.

<--- Wife and I are signing up for Life Lock. Another $500 a year of household money out the window to cover up someone else's screw up.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Thanks Will. This is just par for the course now days in corporate greed USA. No wonder Bernie has so many followers bashing capitalism.

<--- Wife and I are signing up for Life Lock. Another $500 a year of household money out the window to cover up someone else's screw up.
    Yup. Might be tax deductible at least.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've discussed this issue with local people who are knowledgeable about banking, credit, etc., and have decided to lock down my information at all three major credit bureaus. The cost will outweigh any headaches I may have if someone uses my information to obtain a credit card or line of credit at a retailer.

The breach is unacceptable and the Department of Justice should conduct a thorough investigation.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I've discussed this issue with local people who are knowledgeable about banking, credit, etc., and have decided to lock down my information at all three major credit bureaus. The cost will outweigh any headaches I may have if someone uses my information to obtain a credit card or line of credit at a retailer.

The breach is unacceptable and the Department of Justice should conduct a thorough investigation.
    It's free but for the d bags at Experien I believe.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post

It's free but for the d bags at Experien I believe.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You can register for credit fraud protection and insurance with Equifax and they are picking up the tab.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    How do you find out if your information was exposed?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    How do you find out if your information was exposed?
    You know, buy giving them yet more info:

https://www.equifax.com/personal/

I was effected.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    You know, buy giving them yet more info:

https://www.equifax.com/personal/

I was effected.
    Are you certain? People have tested that setup with fake names and SSN's, and been informed by Experian that they were affected. If you sign up for their "free" service, you waive your right to sue them, even if their fraud protection fails.

The Big 3 is a racket. They legally libel people every day and get away with it. I'm not paying them a dime to protect me from THEM! It's legalized racketeering and extortion. If they screw up and negatively impact my life, I will sue them and move on. The .gov has already compromised my PII so many times, I just don't get worked up over something that may never rear it's ugly head.

When Experian pays to lock and unlock my credit upon demand indefinitely with all of the rating agencies, I'll do that. Until then? No.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast