Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Equifax Breach

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    How about they PROVE they've corrected their problems with an independent audit and THEN assist the people they affected?
    Because, at the end of the day, they don't give two shits about you or anyone else they affected. We are not their customers...We are their PRODUCT.

My only hope is that the resulting class action lawsuits will sink them...We'll see. I also hope that at some point we get away from using SSNs as identification. It was fine in the 1930's, but completely inadequate now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Because, at the end of the day, they don't give two shits about you or anyone else they affected. We are not their customers...We are their PRODUCT.

My only hope is that the resulting class action lawsuits will sink them...We'll see. I also hope that at some point we get away from using SSNs as identification. It was fine in the 1930's, but completely inadequate now.
    Right... they already have the solution to that. It's called "chipping" every living person on the planet.

Sorry, I hope I'm gone before that becomes mandatory because that's about a thousand times worse than gun registration in my book.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't think we need to go right to chipping. There's got to be something in-between a 9-digit number that everyone already knows and "the mark of the beast"...

Hell, even pairing your SSN with some kind of two-factor token would be a huge improvement.

It's pretty clear that the situation we have now is shit. But like I said above, nobody but the poor schmuck who has to deal with the results of the ID theft gives two shits. Being fast and loose with your info is profitable, so companies like Equifax will keep doing that. And then LE will take your report online when someone opens an account in your name, and the "submit" button will send it to /dev/null and the world will keep turning.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Because, at the end of the day, they don't give two shits about you or anyone else they affected. We are not their customers...We are their PRODUCT. My only hope is that the resulting class action lawsuits will sink them...We'll see. I also hope that at some point we get away from using SSNs as identification. It was fine in the 1930's, but completely inadequate now.
    Exactly. I hope they sink, HARD.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Just before this announced I had a Amex compromised. Just after this was announced, I had my MasterCard compromised.

That's the second time for both of those cards. A few years ago when i first got the MC, it was compromised within like 30 days. These are not lost cards and none handed to a waitress and taken out of my sight or anything of that nature.

This last one I was sitting at the computer and in comes email alerts that I was spending $580 at walmart, gas stations, Wendys. I think it was all on the northern neck area of MD. I would think they could have caught this person. Had to be on camera. But... all you get is the end user criminal and not the original thief.

Ray Kurzweil:
    Our intuition about the future is linear. But the reality of information technology is exponential, and that makes a profound difference. If I take 30 steps linearly, I get to 30. If I take 30 steps exponentially, I get to a billion.
    That's a lotta phone calls to Equifax gents.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    It's free but for the d bags at Experien I believe.
    "Locking" = Free

"Freezing" = Cost ---- turning on and turning off

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    With recent events, this has not been getting much attention, and that will cost us all. CEO of the company gets his ass handed to him by Warren. I'm not a big Warren fan, but she rips him a new one without lube and it's a good watch. I hope people have not forgotten about what Equifax has done to YOU and me.

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    With recent events, this has not been getting much attention, and that will cost us all. CEO of the company gets his ass handed to him by Warren. I'm not a big Warren fan, but she rips him a new one without lube and it's a good watch. I hope people have not forgotten about what Equifax has done to YOU and me.

She is absolutely not wrong. Mr. Smith should've been carried out in shackles and thrown in a dark hole, then ask the rest of the Equifax a-holes who wants to join him?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Frankly I'd love to see this CEO put in prison. That might sober up some of these other assholes who pad their own pockets while selling or otherwise leaving our data unprotected.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Frankly I'd love to see this CEO put in prison. That might sober up some of these other assholes who pad their own pockets while selling or otherwise leaving our data unprotected.
    Good thing is, I doubt the majority on either side of the isle as much sympathy for him or the ilk at this point, and that industry has been above the law for a long time, and now that's coming back to bite everyone, including some in the house and senate who have their info out there now. Will anything change? Guess we can look at what happened post 08 crash for some examples....
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast