Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Equifax Breach

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    You know, buy giving them yet more info:

https://www.equifax.com/personal/

I was effected.
    Are you certain? People have tested that setup with fake names and SSN's, and been informed by Experian that they were affected. If you sign up for their "free" service, you waive your right to sue them, even if their fraud protection fails.

The Big 3 is a racket. They legally libel people every day and get away with it. I'm not paying them a dime to protect me from THEM! It's legalized racketeering and extortion. If they screw up and negatively impact my life, I will sue them and move on. The .gov has already compromised my PII so many times, I just don't get worked up over something that may never rear it's ugly head.

When Experian pays to lock and unlock my credit upon demand indefinitely with all of the rating agencies, I'll do that. Until then? No.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Are you certain?
    Far as I know that's the best way to find out from them

People have tested that setup with fake names and SSN's, and been informed by Experian that they were affected. If you sign up for their "free" service, you waive your right to sue them, even if their fraud protection fails.
    See below

The Big 3 is a racket. They legally libel people every day and get away with it. I'm not paying them a dime to protect me from THEM! It's legalized racketeering and extortion. If they screw up and negatively impact my life, I will sue them and move on. The .gov has already compromised my PII so many times, I just don't get worked up over something that may never rear it's ugly head.

When Experian pays to lock and unlock my credit upon demand indefinitely with all of the rating agencies, I'll do that. Until then? No.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 09-16-17 at 13:31.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

See below

So they got caught and had to crawfish, good! Let me know when the rest of my terms and conditions are met by them.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

See below

So they got caught and had to crawfish, good! Let me know when the rest of my terms and conditions are met by them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    You can register for credit fraud protection and insurance with Equifax and they are picking up the tab.
    Supposedly, by taking that option you waive your right to sue them. Realistically, I'm not going to go through that hassle anyway, so I signed up.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I was effected.
    Thank you, I just enrolled. I saw something on Facebook that showed the chief security officer's FB account, her listed major was music composition. If that was legit information, it sounds grossly negligent on their part putting someone in charge who is not even remotely qualified.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh boy, we get to live in the early century again but with smartphones and more laws.

Back in the 20s people at least had the decency to jump out of windows.

Unelected, answerable to none, and no repercussions. You also get the privelege of paying for their screw up.

This is why folks kept gardens and hid cash money in chests or under mattresses.

All for your precious 'Credit Score' that they control.

I wanted Trump to be Reagan too. Relive the 80s. Bought into the Retrowave. But he will be another Herbert Hoover paving the way for another Roosevelt.

Just keep paying your taxes people.

Also allow me to laugh heartily at the idea of the DoJ "fixing" anything.

You'll get a class action lawsuit that will make some big firms a lot of money but you wont be getting a new SS# nor your privacy back. Any new laws will be used against you.

And LifeLock? Again, please. Going too far with the comedy. This is serious. Another self appointed middleman that you are paying to monitor your life with a breachable database of your info manned by Jawarwhal in Dehli and kept on a server in China.

Why not get the Pinkerton's involved too?

Oh boy I sure am loving this millenium
    Last edited by Firefly; 09-16-17 at 15:19.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I've discussed this issue with local people who are knowledgeable about banking, credit, etc., and have decided to lock down my information at all three major credit bureaus. The cost will outweigh any headaches I may have if someone uses my information to obtain a credit card or line of credit at a retailer.

The breach is unacceptable and the Department of Justice should conduct a thorough investigation.
    I locked down all three yesterday. Save yourself time and grief and don't try to phone. Took an hour to fully access all three sites online. Feels spooky giving them your SSN, but hell - half the world has it now anyways!!!!!

And if you are a geezer - it's all free:)

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    And a reminder for those that sign up for Equifax's free year of protection watch out for an automatic renewal cost. Make sure you look through the details so you know how and when you need to cancel if you don't plan to keep it after the year.

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score

I was effected.
    The last six? If you know when and where someone was born the other numbers are almost a known. Should have been the first to at least leave a little mystery.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast