Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Louis riot; 2017 edition . . .

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

St. Louis riot; 2017 edition . . .

On night two of the "protest" things went out to the suburbs, some say that would never happen in CONUS . . .

2nd night of violence in St. Louis after ex-cop acquitted

Protests near St. Louis turned violent for the second night Saturday in reaction to the acquittal of a white former police officer in the fatal shooting of a black man, as a small group of demonstrators refused to disperse, breaking windows at dozens of businesses and throwing objects at police, who moved in with hundreds of officers in riot gear to make arrests.

The confrontation took place in the Delmar Loop area of University City, a suburb about 10 miles (16 kilometers) west of St. Louis near Washington University. The area is known for concert venues, restaurants, shops and bars and includes the Blueberry Hill club where rock legend Chuck Berry played for many years.

After the spasm of violence ended, a reporter for The Associated Press found at least half of the businesses on one side of the street with broken windows along a two block area.

Demonstrators shouted slogans such as “black lives matter” and “it is our duty to fight for our freedom” as they marched through West County Center mall in the city of Des Peres, west of St. Louis. A group also demonstrated at Chesterfield Mall in the suburbs and at a regional food festival.

Organizers took their grievances to the suburbs Saturday to spread the impact of the protests beyond predominantly black neighborhoods to those that are mainly white.

“I don’t think racism is going to change in America until people get uncomfortable,” said Kayla Reed of the St. Louis Action Council, a protest organizer.

Police said that 10 businesses were damaged. Protesters also broke a window and spattered red paint on the home of St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson.
    https://www.apnews.com/82041d6fe9694...39;s-acquittal
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been wondering when this might be posted here.
    I haven't been keeping up with the case, but found some of the stuff and read up on it.

Ex-officer Stockley shot Smith after the suspected drug dealer fled from officers trying to arrest him.
    Stockley, 36, testified he felt he was in danger because he saw Smith holding a silver revolver when the suspect backed his car toward officers and sped away.
    Ex-officer Stockley shot Smith after the suspected drug dealer fled from officers trying to arrest him.
    Prosecutors said Stockley planted a gun in Smith’s car after the shooting. The officer’s DNA was on the weapon but Smith’s wasn’t. Dashcam video from Stockley’s cruiser recorded him saying he was “going to kill this (expletive).” Less than a minute later, he shot Smith five times.
    Stockley’s lawyer dismissed the comment as “human emotions” during a dangerous pursuit. St. Louis Circuit Judge Timothy Wilson, who said prosecutors didn’t prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Stockley murdered Smith, said the statement could be ambiguous.
    Stockley left the force in 2013 and moved to Houston.

I couldn't be a Cop today, thanks to all of you who do it, but I definitely don't have the temperament for it.
    But;
    To Houston,....really?
    Last edited by Averageman; 09-17-17 at 09:01.

Feedback Score
    Well, these are still essentially business areas, albeit in suburban towns. But take it to people's neighborhoods? Don't think it would work out like they think. People can avoid business areas, but their homes are a "back against the wall" type of scenario.

“I don’t think racism is going to change in America until people get uncomfortable,” said Kayla Reed of the St. Louis Action Council, a protest organizer.

Sista sista oughta watch what she's recommending; people threatened in their homes ain't gonna shoot rubber bullets.....

Oh, and I volunteer to sit on the jury if they cap a scumbag trying to toss a Molotov at their house.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Well, these are still essentially business areas, albeit in suburban towns. But take it to people's neighborhoods? Don't think it would work out like they think. People can avoid business areas, but their homes are a "back against the wall" type of scenario.

Sista sista oughta watch what she's recommending; people threatened in their homes ain't gonna shoot rubber bullets.....

Oh, and I volunteer to sit on the jury if they cap a scumbag trying to toss a Molotov at their house.
    What you quoted in bold: that will help racial tension. "We're going to destroy stuff until you like me!" Outstanding logic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    What you quoted in bold: that will help racial tension. "We're going to destroy stuff until you like me!" Outstanding logic.
    If that's thsir mindset, then they deserve what's coming...
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    If that's thsir mindset, then they deserve what's coming...
    But it's not coming,.
    They are playing the media and sticking to the playbook.
    Point out the hypocrisy they use, point out the rule of law, point out the damage and injuries they cause and well you're a racist.
    The Justice Department needs to get in front of this.
    That ain't happening.
    Edit to add;
    It would appear that St Louis is rocking 5700+ violent crimes and 288 murders last year. Saint Louis was the home base of 28 corporations ten years ago, nine are left today.
    You're seeing the jobs and the middle class exit while the budget demands of the city grow.
    Pretty predictable results.
    Criminals are going to break the law. As budgets get stretched, Law Enforcement gets strained. The criminal elements have now become entitled to run the City, so don't shoot criminals.
    Really, just pack your bags and leave the stupidity.
    Last edited by Averageman; 09-17-17 at 09:36.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    On night two of the "protest" things went out to the suburbs, some say that would never happen in CONUS . . .

2nd night of violence in St. Louis after ex-cop acquitted

Are you ref to the fact that it was in the suburbs? If so it depends on the area. There are suburbs here that I'm surprised don't start rioting first. Many are on par if not worse than certain sections of the city. I live in the suburbs but that's the only thing we have in common.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm pretty sure that the"Suburbs" the Mayor lives in are pretty good.
    Once they feel that this tactic was successful you might see it tried in other Cities.
    Last edited by Averageman; 09-17-17 at 10:11.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

St. Louis riot; 2017 edition . . .

I'm fairly local. St. Louis has turned into a shithole. We avoid going there at all costs. We've gotten to where we don't go to baseball games, concerts, etc there.

A few years ago I was up there with a group of guys and we were approached by a "disable veteran" begging for money. He clearly was neither, but a couple guys in the group fell for it and opened their wallets. I saw his eyes get big and he began to follow us. He made it to about 40 ft behind us and had a knife in his hand...I reached for my waistband and shouted he needed to back off or it would end well for him. It was a complete bluff because we had been to the stadium earlier and I wasn't armed, but he turned around and walked away.

Fortunately, Missouri has an awesome castle doctrine and favorable self-defense laws that would protect a homeowner should these "protests" spill over to residential areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Colin Kapearnick takes a knee during the National Anthem.
    32 NFL Owners take a pass on hiring him.
    Cause and effect?
    Now take this to the next level.
    The People who are rioting in the streets want equality, jobs and justice as they protest the shooting of a drug dealer. These people are looting, assaulting and destroying property as they make these demands.
    Cause and effect ?
    Self fulfilling prophecy.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast