Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Louis riot; 2017 edition . . .

Feedback Score
    Delmar Loop isn't suburban, it is urban, but isn't 'downtown'. It is not hostile ground to Progressive/Anitfa/BLM people. The mall looks like it was the West County Center. Now that is real suburbs. To be frank, unless you stop a highway out there, surburban density is such that you have to attack a mall. You'd need thousands of people to actually affect suburban America, and I just don't see that happening. Tough to get that many people motivated and get them there. Like the Russians trying to invade Italy. You may have the troops, but projecting the power that far out from you base is hard.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Local to the area - I stay in the city proper. The Delmar Loop is just west of city limits; follow the street heading east and you will end up in Midtown St. Louis (central area of St. Louis, west of downtown).

Whatever damage has been done has been very localized. Large LE and military presence has prevented a lot of the shenanigans we saw a few years back, although they did try to clog up the intersection in front of a hospital, and they set fire to a library.

Most of the city and surrounding counties are as they were before the verdict.

Feedback Score
    I'm local to the Saint Louis region. I've been following most of this pretty close. For the most part, everything has been pretty minor so far, relatively speaking as to some of the possible projections. There's a lot of small stuff that won't make the news, but some of that stupidity is almost laughable if it wasn't for the destructive intent behind it. There's a few possible cases of NFA violations and issues with the ways some firearms have been handled plus some others, but I doubt anything will come of it. Historically, charges for these haven't been pursued for all groups equally, slap at the wrist at best for these guys.
    The Saint Louis city mayor seems to happily take her path as being the best repeated victim. Not a model that I would choose, but she did get elected. I've met her a few times, and all that we could agree with is that we disagree. Before she fired Dotson, I had spoken to him a few times. I don't like the guy, but I did agree with him about issues concerning pursuing charges and lax judges.
    I could go on, but I probably shouldn't.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    I'm fairly local. St. Louis has turned into a shithole. We avoid going there at all costs. We've gotten to where we don't go to baseball games, concerts, etc there.

A few years ago I was up there with a group of guys and we were approached by a "disable veteran" begging for money. He clearly was neither, but a couple guys in the group fell for it and opened their wallets. I saw his eyes get big and he began to follow us. He made it to about 40 ft behind us and had a knife in his hand...I reached for my waistband and shouted he needed to back off or it would end well for him. It was a complete bluff because we had been to the stadium earlier and I wasn't armed, but he turned around and walked away.

Fortunately, Missouri has an awesome castle doctrine and favorable self-defense laws that would protect a homeowner should these "protests" spill over to residential areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I lived in downtown St Louis for work in 2000-01 time frame. At that time, you could pretty much walk around safely.

But it was already well on its way to what it has become today.

"I just got like, this 5.56 okay? And it's 55 grain ball. And everybody I've ever seen shot with it, it dicks them up."

---Clint Smith
    Thunder Ranch

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    You'd need thousands of people to actually affect suburban America, and I just don't see that happening. Tough to get that many people motivated and get them there. Like the Russians trying to invade Italy. You may have the troops, but projecting the power that far out from you base is hard.
    With smart phones and social media "flash mobs" are a thing. Two years ago in the city of McKinney, TX. an affluent suburb over thirty miles north of Dallas had what essentially equates to a flash mob riot at a community pool located in the master planned community of Craig Ranch. To give you an idea of the area, Money Magazine recently labeled McKinney as the best place to live in the US. In that neighborhood Dr. Kenneth H. Cooper has one of his acclaimed Cooper Clinics there, Michael Johnson has his Performance Center there where he trains Olympic and professional athletes. Lot of corporate big wigs live there so they can commute to and from corporate headquarters row in nearby Plano and Frisco.

So a single mother who lives in the area who was reported to have been on a Section 8 program giving her $2K+ a month for housing rented a home in Craig Ranch. Her teenage daughter was a wannabe "hiphop show promoter" decided to throw a pool party in the community pool (think country club pool) for all of her friends from down in Oak Cliff (south Dallas) which is like south Chicago. Around a hundred of her friends showed up and things went pear shaped from there. One of the girl's female associates grabbed a White suburban soccer mom who was there with her little kids by her hair and began to punch her repeatedly in the face and head #worldstarhiphop style. Other associates of her's started throwing trash barrels in the pool and exhibiting the typical behavior and language of the hiphop culture. Most people in that community had no idea what the hell happened and were stunned to see such a flash mob running all over the neighborhood screaming, fighting, etc. Someone called 911 and twelve cops rolled up and had to subdue over a hundred actors and try to figure out what the hell was going on.

This incident made national news and all the headlines, not because of the flash mob riot that took place in a rich suburban community but because one of the "kids" was thrown to the ground by a uniformed White LEO after three times of failing to comply with his instructions and it was captured on a cell phone's video camera.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_T...party_incident
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    All of these recent "suburban" St Louis riot locations are within 2-5 miles of Ferguson and each other, inside the I-270 perimeter, and located in the westside of St Louis.

Still very much urban, and in what most would call St Louis.

Yes, technically in a different district, possibly even historic township. But still very much St Louis.

All have the hallmark of the BLM type marches: clear rally point, high population density, easy access by mobs without having to drive or be bussed, etc.

Was interesting that a "high end" mall was targeted, probably a better target for them than their own neighborhoods. Will be interesting to see what happens when mobs loot Neiman Marcus. Maybe change the limo-liberal mindset on BLM if it starts impacting them?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    With smart phones and social media "flash mobs" are a thing. Two years ago in the city of McKinney, TX. an affluent suburb over thirty miles north of Dallas had what essentially equates to a flash mob riot at a community pool located in the master planned community of Craig Ranch.
    So much property damage, burning, looting, scary it happened in a well respected suburb.

Oh wait, it didn't get to that point, nor was there critical mass to do so. A resident created a problem, which was dealt with. And we only know about it because it was dealt with quickly.

Admitidly startling, have seen similar flash mob video at a Baltimore mall, another in a walmart. But nowhere near a typical BLM/antifa type thing.

For these types of things to work they either need to be on public transportation routes or the people involved need to have wheels. And if they have wheels, they're probably going to get caught. Like the mall flash mob in Baltimore, many were identified by license plates by cameras.

If the point is to be vigilant and not complacent even in your own backyard, then fair enough.

A bit surprised it didn't happen in Texas, but if this were to happen near me, the second one would have a very different outcome. Just too much concealed carry even by moms. Wiser thing would be just to fade away as most did in this case. At least before some high school Bubba in a jacked-up pickup flying a flag in the bed showed up.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    All of these recent "suburban" St Louis riot locations are within 2-5 miles of Ferguson and each other, inside the I-270 perimeter, and located in the westside of St Louis.

Still very much urban, and in what most would call St Louis.

Yes, technically in a different district, possibly even historic township. But still very much St Louis.

All have the hallmark of the BLM type marches: clear rally point, high population density, easy access by mobs without having to drive or be bussed, etc.

Was interesting that a "high end" mall was targeted, probably a better target for them than their own neighborhoods. Will be interesting to see what happens when mobs loot Neiman Marcus. Maybe change the limo-liberal mindset on BLM if it starts impacting them?
    It should be fairly quiet Monday through Friday, because all the protesters will be at work. Right?
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    It should be fairly quiet Monday through Friday, because all the protesters will be at work. Right?
    Bwaaa hahaha.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Just out of curiosity I mapped the location of any impacted storefronts that had a visible address or phone number on the news this morning. Last night's rioting activity was all very close to St Louis Downtown City Center.

Also notable was highly visible antifa presence in full battle drag

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast