Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Louis riot; 2017 edition . . .

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    With smart phones and social media "flash mobs" are a thing. Two years ago in the city of McKinney, TX. an affluent suburb over thirty miles north of Dallas had what essentially equates to a flash mob riot at a community pool located in the master planned community of Craig Ranch. To give you an idea of the area, Money Magazine recently labeled McKinney as the best place to live in the US. In that neighborhood Dr. Kenneth H. Cooper has one of his acclaimed Cooper Clinics there, Michael Johnson has his Performance Center there where he trains Olympic and professional athletes. Lot of corporate big wigs live there so they can commute to and from corporate headquarters row in nearby Plano and Frisco.

So a single mother who lives in the area who was reported to have been on a Section 8 program giving her $2K+ a month for housing rented a home in Craig Ranch. Her teenage daughter was a wannabe "hiphop show promoter" decided to throw a pool party in the community pool (think country club pool) for all of her friends from down in Oak Cliff (south Dallas) which is like south Chicago. Around a hundred of her friends showed up and things went pear shaped from there. One of the girl's female associates grabbed a White suburban soccer mom who was there with her little kids by her hair and began to punch her repeatedly in the face and head #worldstarhiphop style. Other associates of her's started throwing trash barrels in the pool and exhibiting the typical behavior and language of the hiphop culture. Most people in that community had no idea what the hell happened and were stunned to see such a flash mob running all over the neighborhood screaming, fighting, etc. Someone called 911 and twelve cops rolled up and had to subdue over a hundred actors and try to figure out what the hell was going on.

This incident made national news and all the headlines, not because of the flash mob riot that took place in a rich suburban community but because one of the "kids" was thrown to the ground by a uniformed White LEO after three times of failing to comply with his instructions and it was captured on a cell phone's video camera.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_T...party_incident
    Funny how everyone in the world sees the event a little bit differently than you (Benito nothwitstanding)

Why did you put "kids" in quotation marks?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    and they set fire to a library.
    Doesn't that just perfectly represent the rioters. Setting fire to a library. The essence of culture and western thought, free to all, harmful to no one, paid for by tax dollars and typically run by left-leaning women. And they set fire to it anyway.

I have no ties to St. Louis, but I do to several other "rust belt" cities and it is amazing, and sad, the number of places I would walk unarmed 15-20 years ago without any real concern for my safety, which I will no longer go to unarmed and do my best to avoid even if armed. And most of the blame falls on the race-baiters of various types, and the likes of Soros (etc.) funding them.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    double tap gatlin' gun today.
    Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 09-18-17 at 14:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Just out of curiosity I mapped the location of any impacted storefronts that had a visible address or phone number on the news this morning. Last night's rioting activity was all very close to St Louis Downtown City Center.

Also notable was highly visible antifa presence in full battle drag
    So the "high end mall" was SLC? Hell all that was there 15 years ago was a Dillard's outlet store and the food court. Not a high end anything.

Let me know when they hit Plaza Frontenac. That would be quite the statement.

"I just got like, this 5.56 okay? And it's 55 grain ball. And everybody I've ever seen shot with it, it dicks them up."

---Clint Smith
    Thunder Ranch

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Funny how everyone in the world sees the event a little bit differently than you (Benito nothwitstanding)

Not trying to speak for the OP but I recall the event and watched the film clip of that cop-punk interaction. A "kid" implies child, and these weren't precious little children. They were teenage punk-asses, thugs if you will. Don't give a damn what the color was, they were punks. Just like most members of Antifa are white, I don't care.....they're vermin.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 09-18-17 at 19:19.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    "Kid"
    I was thirteen when my Dad told me that I wasn't a "kid" anymore.
    You're old enough to make a baby, you are old enough to set your childish ways aside and begin to learn what being a man is all about.
    Old school, hard and no bullshit.

Or we can play the current game of, "You're a "Kid" until you are thirty and you can live in the basement and play Nintendo until you finish twelve years of college or find a part time job.

Dad was right.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    "Kid"
    I was thirteen when my Dad told me that I wasn't a "kid" anymore.
    You're old enough to make a baby, you are old enough to set your childish ways aside and begin to learn what being a man is all about.
    Old school, hard and no bullshit.

Or we can play the current game of, "You're a "Kid" until you are thirty and you can live in the basement and play Nintendo until you finish twelve years of college or find a part time job.

Dad was right.
    This. Don't give a flip about race or ethnicity, you're either respectful or disrespectful. This country is ate up with disrespectful dumbassery.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So much property damage, burning, looting, scary it happened in a well respected suburb.

Oh wait, it didn't get to that point, nor was there critical mass to do so. A resident created a problem, which was dealt with. And we only know about it because it was dealt with quickly.
    It didn't get to "that point" because residents began pouring out of their homes to see what the hell was going on, calling 911, and the suspects scattered like cockroaches when the lights come on. A hundred people are more than critical mass enough wreak havoc upon an area. I never said this particular incident was a "race riot" with petrol bombs, pilfering of retail establishments, and the protesting of some perceived injustice. And the only reason this story was sensationalized by the MSM and the civil rights industry was again due to the LEOs and perpetrators skin tone.

Admitidly startling, have seen similar flash mob video at a Baltimore mall, another in a walmart. But nowhere near a typical BLM/antifa type thing.
    Yes, there is a difference between flash mob violence, race riots, pre-planned peaceful protests with permits that get out of hand, et al.

For these types of things to work they either need to be on public transportation routes or the people involved need to have wheels. And if they have wheels, they're probably going to get caught. Like the mall flash mob in Baltimore, many were identified by license plates by cameras.
    Several Northern suburbs of Dallas have said no thanks to the DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) light rail as it is nothing more than a conduit of crime. This particular incident involved the actors arriving in the area via cars, car pooling groups to be exact.

If the point is to be vigilant and not complacent even in your own backyard, then fair enough.
    The point is this sort of thing is happening in the burbs and not just confined to the urban population centers. It's not like things get better with time, they get worse and we'll only see more of this type of thing escalate.

A bit surprised it didn't happen in Texas, but if this were to happen near me, the second one would have a very different outcome. Just too much concealed carry even by moms. Wiser thing would be just to fade away as most did in this case. At least before some high school Bubba in a jacked-up pickup flying a flag in the bed showed up.
    Don't know what a CCW soccer mom would have accomplished. Shooting an unarmed Black teen even in the act of felonious assault would not bode well in the court of public opinion, just look at the reaction over a LEO trying to subdue one on the ground.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 09-19-17 at 03:02.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

Not surprising in the least you see these events differently than me. I see you are still obsessing over former members that have been banned . . . creepy.

Obtuse much or is it just quotation marks now trigger you as well?

kid
    /kid/
    noun
    1.informal
    a child

Trayvon Martin was just a "kid" right? Just like Micheal Brown Junior was a "kid" no?

It's amazing all these incidents that involve small innocent children and the big scary Einsatzgruppen troops in uniform.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    It didn't get to "that point" because residents began pouring out of their homes to see what the hell was going on, calling 911, and the suspects scattered like cockroaches when the lights come on. A hundred people are more than critical mass enough wreak havoc upon an area. I never said this particular incident was a "race riot" with petrol bombs, pilfering of retail establishments, and the protesting of some perceived injustice. And the only reason this story was sensationalized by the MSM and the civil rights industry was again due to the LEOs and perpetrators skin tone.

Yes, there is a difference between flash mob violence, race riots, pre-planned peaceful protests with permits that get out of hand, et al.

Several Northern suburbs of Dallas have said no thanks to the DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) light rail as it is nothing more than a conduit of crime. This particular incident involved the actors arriving in the area via cars, car pooling groups to be exact.

The point is this sort of thing is happening in the burbs and not just confined to the urban population centers. It's not like things get better with time, they get worse and we'll only see more of this type of thing escalate.

Don't know what a CCW soccer mom would have accomplished. Shooting an unarmed Black teen even in the act of felonious assault would not bode well in the court of public opinion, just look at the reaction over a LEO trying to subdue one on the ground.
    The same thing with DART happened in St. Louis in the early 2000s. Except it was the metro link.

As far as race riots...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot

I fully believe they are heading for this in some of these areas. We are still talking about this one nearly 100 years later.

"I just got like, this 5.56 okay? And it's 55 grain ball. And everybody I've ever seen shot with it, it dicks them up."

---Clint Smith
    Thunder Ranch

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast