Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: St Martin experiencing chaos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    24 (96%)

St Martin experiencing chaos

I can't imagine the aftermath of a natural disaster getting worse than this. It's like New Orleans after Katrina but there's no escape and no FEMA.

http://www.loopnewsbarbados.com/cont...r-after-irma-3
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    Has anyone ever tried gravy in a camelbak?

Feedback Score
    IIRC both the Dutch and French governments (the island is split between the two nations) have sent troops there.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That lady's pleas in that article are precisely why I will never live somewhere I am not allowed to own a firearm. I'm at the point now that I don't even like vacationing in places I can't carry a gun.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    That lady's pleas in that article are precisely why I will never live somewhere I am not allowed to own a firearm. I'm at the point now that I don't even like vacationing in places I can't carry a gun.
    I do the same thing. If I can't carry I don't visit.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    I do the same thing. If I can't carry I don't visit.
    Well, not going there during hurricane season helps too. My wife and I have vacationed somewhere tropical (and always Third World-ish poor outside the resorts) every year since 1993. Haven't missed yet. Of course we go in January or February and don't venture into what common sense says is a bad AO.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We have vacationed in Anguilla on many occasions. We fly into St Marten and take a boat over to Anguilla. Having been in St Marten, this is exactly how I felt such a disaster would play out. It is essentially impossible for law-abiding citizens to be armed.

I think I will go to Barbados from now on. Direct flights. And well armed family friends who are Barbados natives.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post

Yeap

My vacations have been limited to western US hunting/fishing trips and I am perfectly fine with it.

I refuse to go to New York, Chicago, California, or any other leftist shithole.

I would never go on a cruise with 5000 other retards on some ship.

It even gets dicey on some of my outdoor trips because you never know what type of freak trespasser you will run into.
    Last edited by scottryan; 09-19-17 at 10:56.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Yeap

My vacations have been limited to western US hunting/fishing trips and I am perfectly fine with it.

I refuse to go to New York, Chicago, California, or any other leftist shithole.

I would never go on a cruise with 5000 other retards on some ship.
    You are really missing out. Yosemite? Northern California? Vineyards? Death Valley? The Met? The Bean? Hundreds of chicks partying their ass off until the wee hours of the night with a room right below decks? Cruises are a really efficient and cheap way of seeing and doing a lot of things in the Caribbean, but I can see the port from my office. Even still, if you wait for a deal and go on Norwegian/RC and not Carnival you'll be away from a lot of the 25 year old bartender crowd (if thats not really your scene) you'll get to go places for way less prices than you could go otherwise. Tortola is a shithole, but the baths were amazing. I would never fly to BVI and take a boat to the baths. It isn't worth it. But as an excursion on a cruise ship? Sign me up, and then lets wreck dive on the way back to the boat.

Don't sell yourself short man. You only get one life and avoiding beautiful and/or historic places just because >51% of the population's politics don't align with yours is like giving up on breathing because someone else farted.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    You are really missing out. Yosemite? Northern California? Vineyards? Death Valley? The Met? The Bean? Hundreds of chicks partying their ass off until the wee hours of the night with a room right below decks? Cruises are a really efficient and cheap way of seeing and doing a lot of things in the Caribbean, but I can see the port from my office. Even still, if you wait for a deal and go on Norwegian/RC and not Carnival you'll be away from a lot of the 25 year old bartender crowd (if thats not really your scene) you'll get to go places for way less prices than you could go otherwise. Tortola is a shithole, but the baths were amazing. I would never fly to BVI and take a boat to the baths. It isn't worth it. But as an excursion on a cruise ship? Sign me up, and then lets wreck dive on the way back to the boat.

Don't sell yourself short man. You only get one life and avoiding beautiful and/or historic places just because >51% of the population's politics don't align with yours is like giving up on breathing because someone else farted.
    Have to agree. I thought I was one of those people, for "obvious" reasons who would hate being on a cruise, and went in protest with GF. I had a great time and did three more, and bang (no pun intended...) for the $, hard to beat. I also love being on the ocean coming from a long line of sailors, and that added some win too. People who gain all sort of weight on cruises are full of chit with excuses too, I had no problem eating well and good food, hit the gym, took long walk on the deck, swam, walked a ton off the ship, etc and partied a plenty. Didn't gain 1lb, may even have lost a few.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

I can go to my own ranch in Wyoming, have an AR-15 with me the entire time, and do whatever I want. Yosemite? National Parks are for retarded city dwellers who know nothing about the outdoors.

What exactly do I need to "see" in the Caribbean? African 3rd world squalor? I went to the Bahamas one time and that was enough.

I'd rather take the week off and sleep all week at home, than go on a cruise.
    Last edited by scottryan; 09-19-17 at 12:09.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast