Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: St Martin experiencing chaos

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This part of the poor French woman's plea caught my attention, amazing what the French government is doing for "economic migrants" from the undeveloped world yet abandon their own people in Caribbean territories.

"We pay our taxes and follow all the rules… Come get us! We cannot stay here! You have to evacuate the people that are here.

We are part of France so get off your butts, stop talking rubbish on television – there are not 10 deaths, there are thousands of deaths!... So get off your butts and come help us!"

I read too about the troops being sent to St. Martin prior to the storm. Wonder if Maria will add to the misery to all those islands that have already been destroyed by Irma.

Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I have a few friends that live in St. Martin and I saw where they lived on the BBC, totally wrecked.

My heart goes out to the people, but I would never live where I can't own guns. At least in the DR I got shotguns and a cross bow.
    How did your people and property in the DR fare Irma?
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 09-19-17 at 06:06.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    This part of the poor French woman's plea caught my attention, amazing what the French government is doing for "economic migrants" from the undeveloped world yet abandon their own people in Caribbean territories.

I read too about the troops being sent to St. Martin prior to the storm. Wonder if Maria will add to the misery to all those islands that have already been destroyed by Irma.

How did your people and property in the DR fare Irma?
    Irma only did me a favor and brought down a tree that needed to come out out. My people came through just fine my book keeper sent me a video during the storm and it was funny cause it was no big deal.

Now Maria, is getting ready to hit me hard on her projected course.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Well, not going there during hurricane season helps too. My wife and I have vacationed somewhere tropical (and always Third World-ish poor outside the resorts) every year since 1993. Haven't missed yet. Of course we go in January or February and don't venture into what common sense says is a bad AO.
    Same here. We have gone to the Dominican Republic for years but only in January-March. My coworker booked a trip to Atlantis for next week. WTF? Oh, it's cheaper and the water is warmer than January? Okay. Enjoy Hurricane Maria then.

I have a few friends that live in St. Martin and I saw where they lived on the BBC, totally wrecked.

My heart goes out to the people, but I would never live where I can't own guns. At least in the DR I got shotguns and a cross bow.
    I was told by locals that handgun possession is allowed as well. You always see signed saying no handguns when getting on to major roads lol. I thought it was funny so I asked about it. I was told handguns cool, semi auto rifles not cool.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    I was told one side of the island allowed handguns and the other didn't, but I don't remember which side allowed it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I can't imagine being in the situation the woman in the article is in. After Sandy we were without power for only 4 days and that is the longest I have been in the dark. We live very close to several large shopping areas were people may want to liberate LCD TVs and Air Jordans. NOthing happened but I was aware and the guns were loaded and ready to go. These poop people are left to their own devices without any form of protection. Yikes.

I was told one side of the island allowed handguns and the other didn't, but I don't remember which side allowed it.
    This was in Punta Cana. Like I said, I don't know for sure. We were going on an excursion and got to talking to the driver who was born in DR but lived in Queens NY for many years and went back. We love the DR so I was honestly drying to see how feasible living there would be. Apparently Architects are very desirable in DR, but the no semi-auto rifles makes it a no go.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I lived on Sint Maarten for several yrs. Friends have told us it is bad; real bad.

Dutch side-no guns for citizens.
    French side- Shotguns and some restricted rifles--.22 IIRC. Handguns could be had, but required an extensive permitting process. Had a French LGS owner tell me he'd sell me a shotgun under the table since wasn't a citizen. Told me I might need it. Hated not being able to have a firearm.

Went through Lenny while living there. Can't imagine how much worse it is now.
    What the tourist bureau never wants to get out is that Sint Maarten is an extremely violent island. Only living there do you get the full extent of the daily violence.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    I lived on Sint Maarten for several yrs. Friends have told us it is bad; real bad.

Dutch side-no guns for citizens.
    French side- Shotguns and some restricted rifles--.22 IIRC. Handguns could be had, but required an extensive permitting process. Had a French LGS owner tell me he'd sell me a shotgun under the table since wasn't a citizen. Told me I might need it. Hated not being able to have a firearm.

Went through Lenny while living there. Can't imagine how much worse it is now.
    What the tourist bureau never wants to get out is that Sint Maarten is an extremely violent island. Only living there do you get the full extent of the daily violence.
    I lived in St Thomas for over a year, having moved from Brooklyn NY, and I can tell you St Thomas far more dangerous. It was a long time ago and not sure what has changed, but Sint Maarten was a quiet sleepy safe place compared to St Thomas and Sr Croix.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    That lady's pleas in that article are precisely why I will never live somewhere I am not allowed to own a firearm. I'm at the point now that I don't even like vacationing in places I can't carry a gun.

Yeap

My vacations have been limited to western US hunting/fishing trips and I am perfectly fine with it.

I refuse to go to New York, Chicago, California, or any other leftist shithole.

I would never go on a cruise with 5000 other retards on some ship.

It even gets dicey on some of my outdoor trips because you never know what type of freak trespasser you will run into.
    Last edited by scottryan; 09-19-17 at 10:56.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Yeap

My vacations have been limited to western US hunting/fishing trips and I am perfectly fine with it.

I refuse to go to New York, Chicago, California, or any other leftist shithole.

I would never go on a cruise with 5000 other retards on some ship.
    You are really missing out. Yosemite? Northern California? Vineyards? Death Valley? The Met? The Bean? Hundreds of chicks partying their ass off until the wee hours of the night with a room right below decks? Cruises are a really efficient and cheap way of seeing and doing a lot of things in the Caribbean, but I can see the port from my office. Even still, if you wait for a deal and go on Norwegian/RC and not Carnival you'll be away from a lot of the 25 year old bartender crowd (if thats not really your scene) you'll get to go places for way less prices than you could go otherwise. Tortola is a shithole, but the baths were amazing. I would never fly to BVI and take a boat to the baths. It isn't worth it. But as an excursion on a cruise ship? Sign me up, and then lets wreck dive on the way back to the boat.

Don't sell yourself short man. You only get one life and avoiding beautiful and/or historic places just because >51% of the population's politics don't align with yours is like giving up on breathing because someone else farted.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    You are really missing out. Yosemite? Northern California? Vineyards? Death Valley? The Met? The Bean? Hundreds of chicks partying their ass off until the wee hours of the night with a room right below decks? Cruises are a really efficient and cheap way of seeing and doing a lot of things in the Caribbean, but I can see the port from my office. Even still, if you wait for a deal and go on Norwegian/RC and not Carnival you'll be away from a lot of the 25 year old bartender crowd (if thats not really your scene) you'll get to go places for way less prices than you could go otherwise. Tortola is a shithole, but the baths were amazing. I would never fly to BVI and take a boat to the baths. It isn't worth it. But as an excursion on a cruise ship? Sign me up, and then lets wreck dive on the way back to the boat.

Don't sell yourself short man. You only get one life and avoiding beautiful and/or historic places just because >51% of the population's politics don't align with yours is like giving up on breathing because someone else farted.
    Have to agree. I thought I was one of those people, for "obvious" reasons who would hate being on a cruise, and went in protest with GF. I had a great time and did three more, and bang (no pun intended...) for the $, hard to beat. I also love being on the ocean coming from a long line of sailors, and that added some win too. People who gain all sort of weight on cruises are full of chit with excuses too, I had no problem eating well and good food, hit the gym, took long walk on the deck, swam, walked a ton off the ship, etc and partied a plenty. Didn't gain 1lb, may even have lost a few.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast