Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Same for Hawaii.
    Never been but heard that many times.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Same for Hawaii.
    Never been but heard that many times.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Having met oh so happy looking soldiers at the border at the Colombian and Costa Rica border, I have fulfilled that bucket list. What I would like to do is go into the Gap, but would only do so with an experienced, preferably armed, party as the Gap is no BS.
    Dude, I had my fill of the jungla after 3 years as a grunt in Panama. You can have the Gap! I know you're adventurous and such but why would you want to go there? If it was a properly protected drive down there (at least as far as any roads go), with air conditioning, maybe for the need to see it. Maybe.

That said, I'm not voluntarily walking through that kind of crap ever again!
    Last edited by ABNAK; 09-19-17 at 15:07.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Dude, I had my fill of the jungla after 3 years as a grunt in Panama. You can have the Gap! I know you're adventurous and such but why would you want to go there? If it was a properly protected drive down there (at least as far as any roads go), with air conditioning, maybe for the need to see it. Maybe.

That said, I'm not voluntarily walking through that kind of crap ever again!

Cuz it's there! Not like I wanna move into the Gap, but it's one of the last truly wild places like that on this planet and part II of my fiction series was focused on the Gap. A member here, who had read my series worked in the Gap and sent me some pics which was really cool. The Panama side is fairly safe in terms of two legged varmints, but minus a guide or six who really know what they are doing in there, I aint going. Adventurous and stupid are two separate things in my book.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    being from Hawaii and also have lived in the Caribbean

I had more in common with the Caribs than mainland folks here in many ways
    reality is that chick in the vid is a tourist? even if she has lived there 20 years by local standards a tourist

folks like that milk the locals and the island for its beauty and all the good stuff no biggy most do and its just the way it is
    I imagine most parts they never step foot in and reality is good reason as many parts would be like wearing a trump shirt and go to the slums in Chicago would not end well for you
    could be wrong but I am sure she is like most they are outsiders they setup there own stores there own comfort places etc..
    otherwise she would be with her friends helping not on the internet whining about the reality that people who are bad see weakness like storms and such and go on the prowl outside there normal hunting grounds

Maui started to turn into that with the move in of large box stores and starbucks putting true local places out of business
    ironic though many people want to move somewhere for the new life culture yet stay isolated and like we want immigrants here to embrace I do the same when I have lived in other countries and its the best thing as the locals can see you trying etc.. my best friends were all locals and went to local places etc.. and because of that I never had issues and the couple times someone said something all the rest stepped in for me

the thing is island life is like no other and you do not choose a island a island chooses you !

Feedback Score
    What is "the Gap"?

Love the Caribbean and the people there - hope them all the best.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Most of the locals in these places live on $20 a week and can't read.

I don't see the allure of going there.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Same here. Went on one didn't think I'd like it. Had a good time.

Funny about the ship gym, I'm a workout before dinner kind of guy: mid to late afternoon then go get cleaned up for dinner with wife and family, at any rate within a day or two you start to see the same people there at the same time. Just like my gym at home.

If you're self disciplined enough to work out normally, getting on the party boat doesn't change that. Just wish there were more free weights to do proper squats, and deadlifts etc. However, understandable that they don't equip the vessel that way given the variable of weather. Plus only a small percentage of gym goers do stuff like that anyway.
    When I went to the Bahamas this year I swore I wasn't going to workout, but then I did. They had an excellent gym where we were and it was actually really nice, I'd crush a workout and then crush the rum punch. I ended up working out on my normal schedule. I like to workout in the morning so on workout days I didn't drink before 0730 and I made sure I stopped no earlier than 0200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    What is "the Gap"?

Love the Caribbean and the people there - hope them all the best.

Darien Gap . Worth at least a google.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Well said on pretty much all points. Seeing the world is pretty awesome. If I limited my travel to only places I could take my guns I would never leave a handful of states. Don't act like a retarded tourist flashing cash and your Rolex while wearing a giant DSLR around your neck and you will more than likely be fine in most of the world. Mitigated risk with just about everything in life.

Check out Robert Young Pelton and maybe read his book "Worlds Most Dangerous Places" and "Come Back Alive". Obviously he takes it to level 100 but it might give some perspective. Regular people
    I have reciprocity with 37 states and permits in two others that don't recognize Alaska's. I still haven't been to all those states and all that they have to offer. A Canadian PAL card isn't hard to get, so my shotgun can come along. Besides, it's citizens are far more civilized than what I have seen in most states in the U.S. I just finished a trip through the Yukon Territory and British Columbia. Y'all can have your islands and tropics, I'll take the mountains and rivers all day long. I only have so many weekends and vacation days in life and the last thing I want to do is spend it with a bunch of people. I enjoy meeting locals, just in limited quantities.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast