Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: St Martin experiencing chaos

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Not to sound elitist, but it ain't for the locals. Tropical AO's are beautiful when you've been bitten by the bug. Some folks prefer mountains and rivers, glaciers, etc. My weakness is palm trees, warm sun, and aqua-blue waters.
    You were literally bitten by various bugs in the jungles of Panama no doubt. I love the mountains and rivers, glaciers, etc but I need to see the ocean and walk on the beach and be on the water. I'd like to do a few weeks in Alaska some day hiking and camping with my Ruger Scout slung over my back, but I have salt water in my blood. Almost moved to Denver, but it felt very claustrophobic knowing there was no ocean for a thousand miles give or take. Saint Thomas was great, if not for the crime. Panama has just about everything I wanted, but if course, no place is perfect.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    You were literally bitten by various bugs in the jungles of Panama no doubt. I love the mountains and rivers, glaciers, etc but I need to see the ocean and walk on the beach and be on the water. I'd like to do a few weeks in Alaska some day hiking and camping with my Ruger Scout slung over my back, but I have salt water in my blood. Almost moved to Denver, but it felt very claustrophobic knowing there was no ocean for a thousand miles give or take. Saint Thomas was great, if not for the crime. Panama has just about everything I wanted, but if course, no place is perfect.
    LOL! That too!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Have you ever seen the Urals? What about the Andes? The Alps? Beautiful mountains with beautiful rivers.
    I have mountain ranges I haven't even made it to in Alaska yet and I have spent a ton of time exploring AK. Still haven't been to Utah either and just made it to Oregon this year. I still have fantasies of taking a whole summer off and canoeing the vast Mackenzie River system in Canada. I have been blessed to have traveled by boat most of the Yukon River. I honestly have no desire to head to Europe when I haven't even explored the vastness of my northern world. I'd give up my no guns allowed mantra to be able to snowmobile in the Andes just because I could reach a life goal of riding every month of the year.

maxresdefault.jpg
    Last edited by AKDoug; 09-20-17 at 21:51.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I own a timeshare at Oyster Bay Beach Resort in Sint Maarten. Lots of great people there. I have not seen much news, the best I saw was on Al Jazeera on youtube. I eel badly for those folks now. I know th French and Dutch sent help but man they don't have many options.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Well Maria hit me pretty good from what I understand. A lot of big non cacao trees down that damaged cacao trees on the way down. But more important the wind stripped thousands of blossoms off the trees which means next harvest is going to be way down. Will not even break even, this year.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Well Maria hit me pretty good from what I understand. A lot of big non cacao trees down that damaged cacao trees on the way down. But more important the wind stripped thousands of blossoms off the trees which means next harvest is going to be way down. Will not even break even, this year.
    Bummer. Sorry to hear that.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    I just got a video report.

On the first day of the Jewish New Year when we believe among other things G-D sets our income for the year to come, my farm was wiped out by Maria.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I just got a video report.

On the first day of the Jewish New Year when we believe among other things G-D sets our income for the year to come, my farm was wiped out by Maria.
    I remember you saying that you dodged Irma and then BAM here came Maria.

Sorry for your losses.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I am actually full of joy and thank G-D, for what happened.

On Rosh Hashana most of us and myself included would go to synagogue and pray. We would admit that G-D is in control of who will be sick or healthy, what nations will have war or peace and also if we are going to be rich or poor.

As I am saying those words, the creator of the Universe is giving me a lesson. My choice can be to piss and moan, about lost investment and lost profit in the future. Or I can say thank you for loving me enough to give me this opportunity to see you G-D at work in my life.

I don't know what G-D has in store for me. I do know this that I talked with Rabbi Brody who is the one that translated to english Rabbi Arush's great books and is a friend of mine yesterday told me keep strong and full of faith for G-D will come to my aid since it is G-D that sets my income.
    I would recommend Rabbi Arush's book the Universal Garden of Emuna which was wriiten for the non Jewish world.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567