G&R Tactical
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2018 Rockcastle Run N Gun 5&10k, March 17-18

Feedback Score
    That looks like a lot of fun for guys more fit. And close enough to make a run to Mike Linnig's as a bonus!
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDB View Post
    That looks like a lot of fun for guys more fit. And close enough to make a run to Mike Linnig's as a bonus!
    I don't know who Mike Linnig, is - but you're right on the first part! We also get a lot of "less fit" guys too though who have just as much (if not more) fun. It's really amazing the variety of people we get at these - from active duty Special Forces to extreme runners to everyday Joes to overweight out of shape people who have never walked a mile in their life (before hearing about this).

The last ones are the most rewarding to watch. They train up some before the match but don't really know what to expect. They show up on match day clearly intimidated and wondering what they've gotten themselves into. They struggle through the entire course, amazed and surprised at how positive, helpful, and encouraging every single person is there - and how NO ONE is there to judge or look down on them.

And when they finish - even if dead last - the look on their face as they cross the finish line and tell the stories of their trials is worth all the trouble of me putting this on by itself. It is clear they will take that sense of accomplishment with them for the rest of their life - even if they never do anything else like this.

But most of them train their asses off and come back next year to show the course who's boss. ;-)

Feedback Score
    Mike Linnig's is a REALLY good fish place on the southwest side of Louisville. It's 1003.7 miles away so a bit far but from your location definitely worth the drive. I can easily envision everything you described. I'm sure it's a majorly good time. I'll look forward to seeing the next batch of photos posted after the next one.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456