Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rockcastle Run N Gun 5&10k, March 17-18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Literally post this from mike linnings. Worth the drive up
    Hahahaha - I love that you posted from there! I'll have to check it out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Today Vortex Optics (http://www.vortexoptics.com/) delivered me FIVE Impact 850 rangefinders for the prize table. These can range a reflective target out to 850 yards, and correct for a true horizontal distance if you're ranging up or down at an angle.

This puts us at a mind-blowing grand total of over $25,000 in value up for grabs this weekend. There will be give-aways for everyone during registration, and four out of every ten people will take home a bigger prize.

I know we are all here to run and the match itself truly is the real prize. But I'm blown away by the generosity and support of not only the vendors but our fellow competitors as well!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Last one (I think!). Last night waiting on my front porch was a package from Nosler for the prize table: Two 500 packs of their .223 70gr Ultra-High BC RDF Match Bullets, and two 250 packs of new .223 brass.

Thanks Nosler! https://www.nosler.com/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Everyone:

I am physically ill over this and I cannot express to you how sorry I am, but I found a fairly major error in the scores this afternoon. The short explanation is that my spreadsheet that calculates net run time did not take into account the wait times on Stage 6 and 7. This was 100% my error and the lovely ladies helping me do the scoring were not at fault at all.

While I was correcting this error I also improved the accuracy of the net run time calculations to include partial minutes instead of rounding off to the nearest whole minute. Some of the scores were close enough that this mattered.

Unfortunately, this changes three of the trophies I handed out yesterday. Logan Dudley was the true 1st Place Race Class winner and Greg Reynolds should have been
    2nd Place Race Class. Trevor Saunders was the true 1st Place Combat Class.

Logan, Greg, and Trevor - I'll have new trophy glasses made and ship them to you if you'll email me your addresses.

Bryan Ray, Logan, and Greg - please keep the trophy glasses I already gave in error with my sincere apologies for the mistake.

Top Grunt and Top Amazon results did not change. 5k Results did not change.

Again, I can't express how sorry I am for this mistake and will do my best to be sure it (and the faulty scale SNAFU) never happens again. Please do look over your scores and don't hesitate to let me know if anything else doesn't look right. "Stage 8" in Practiscore is your net run time in minutes (NOT "seconds" like it says). The other stages should be fairly self-explanatory.

5k Results are here: https://practiscore.com/results/new/52965

10k Results are here: https://practiscore.com/results/new/53116

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Enough bad news. Here are the 15k results. My ROs are highlighted in yellow because they deserve special recognition. They had to run the 10k and then only had 15 minutes to reload and regear before running the 5k. Everyone else got a couple meals, a shower, and a full night's rest before doing it again.

The people highlighted in green ran Combat Class, but in the 15k challenge there was no class provision so they had to go head to head against the Race Class folks but with 25%+ of their bodyweight on their backs.

But every single one of you are badasses to the extreme.

Last edited by Matt in TN; 03-19-18 at 19:38.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here's one of the coolest match videos I've seen yet:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pictures are up! Feel free to use these however you wish, but please give a photo credit to my wife, Lisa Stennett, as the photographer when you do. ESPECIALLY if you use them for commercial reasons.

More to come -

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lisastennett/albums

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had many people wanting to see how they did against people their own age, so I collected VOLUNTARY age data during registration and tried to think of a way to present it that would make sense.

There are two problems with this data: 18 out of the 81 people that ran did not give me their age so I left them out, and Combat Class is thrown together with Race Class in this data. But knowing all that - here's what I came up with. Knowing your own age and times/scores you should be able to figure out where you fell in this range.

Here's the 5k data summary. 10k is in the works.

Last edited by Matt in TN; 03-20-18 at 12:52.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here's the 10k age data with the same caveats: only 55 out of the 72 competitors gave me their ages (so the others are left out of this data) and Combat Class and Race Class are mixed together.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I saw several of you frustrated on the course because you did not finish (DNF) a course of fire before your time was up. Here's some data to put that in perspective - you were not alone! I know it hurts to not finish, but from looking at these numbers I think the difficulty level was about right this year.

Even better - we had a very similar VTAC stage (but actually easier) last March and 62% of the people could not finish it. The Rifleman stage was almost identical with the exception of more visible targets this year (and MUCH better weather!). Last year we had 56% of people DNF that stage. No matter which way you cut it, we are seeing a HUGE improvement in both shooters and runners year over year.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast