Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rockcastle Run N Gun 5&10k, March 17-18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Since so many people had trouble with the slackline I asked the two time Combat Class winner this weekend to demonstrate his technique for getting him and his 50lbs of gear across the 40' span. There are several different ways to do this based on your own personal strengths and exactly what you're carrying, but this one worked very well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We had a bunch of people not fill out the gear data in the registration form, but here is a summary of the data we do have. The Rifle Manufacturer data is so cluttered it's useless - other than it's a list of various rifle manufacturers represented at the match. No surprise that the vast majority of competitors shot an AR-15 in 5.56x45.

The pistol data was better filled out. Again, no surprise that a Glock 9mm seems to be the pistol of choice. The Pistol Manufacturer graph is cluttered with too much data and hard to read, but I was a little surprised that the XDM beat out the G19 in the models carried, and the G17 wasn't nearly as dominant as I thought it would be.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not sure if everyone saw these guys, but we had three different young men shoot the 5k Saturday. These kids showed more fortitude, respect, and skill than I EVER had at their age. I really look forward to seeing what they'll do with our world as they get older and we hand things over to them.

Ben Trumble is 11 years old, Thomas Ray is 12, and Logan Carmical is 13.

Last edited by Matt in TN; 03-23-18 at 08:43.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I fully intended to do a "Ladies of Run N Gun" group picture at the event, but I got distracted and forgot so this collage will have to do. We had 4 awesome ladies shoot the 5k, 5 shoot the 10k, and 2 freaking AMAZONS shoot both in the 15k challenge.

Note to all the big beefy guys who really struggled with the slackline - every one of these ladies made it across. :-)

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Damn it, missed it! Been head down at work the last 4 months....

Have dates for next one yet?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    Damn it, missed it! Been head down at work the last 4 months....

Have dates for next one yet?
    Sorry we missed you! Keep the 3rd week in March free for 2019. I hope to do another Legion match the weekend before Sept 11, 2018 - but that's still in the works.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is my last post and I will let this thread die a good death:

Here's a short compilation video you can share with your friends when they ask "What on earth is a 'Run N Gun'???"

It is 3 days of awesome crammed into less than 5 minutes, so it is an assault on your senses that you will likely have to watch multiple times to catch everything that's in there. Hopefully it provides just a glimpse of what it felt like to participate.

Stay tuned until the end for a special announcement!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

2018 Rockcastle Run N Gun 5&10k, March 17-18

Quote Originally Posted by Matt in TN View Post
    This is my last post and I will let this thread die a good death
    The hell for?!? Don’t let this thread die! I’m just hearing about this.

I’m going to do it nxt year!
    Last edited by Gombey; 03-26-18 at 12:52.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ---
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sent my wife one of the videos, we are purchasing her gear now.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ---
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Don't worry, I'll start a new thread for the next match!

The cave definitely has a "crawl to enter" part, but once you're inside you can stand up comfortably. I'd guess the ceiling is around 8' high in most places where we are shooting. However, many people have smacked various body parts on rocks as they run through the cave paying more attention to targets than they are to where they're going. ;-)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast