Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
So I'm at the stage in my build where I am assembling the upper -specifically the gas block.

One of my barrels is a LaRue* Stealth which has three dimples and I have the matching gas block. Beefy.
Should I get this pinned? Thoughts? *sidenote: I am having an multi-month ongoing CS issue with them right now.

Another of my barrels is a Ballistic Advantage Hanson. Comes with a pinned gas block, but no dimples. Should I send it off to have it dimpled?

Lastly, I have a GMR barrel with no dimples or pins. I originally wanted a FSB install, but I can't find someone who will do it because the barrel is nitride'd. Should I dimple & pin? On this one I am using a nitride low-pro Brownell's gas block. Weird set spacing at .415.

What's the thoughts on dimpling? Pinning? Is it a must? - All of these rifles could potentially be duty use.

How can I make sure the gas block is properly aligned without the barrel being dimpled? Can I do any of this work myself -I haven't found anyone in the mid-Michigan area I trust anymore.

Sorry if my thoughts are varied and scattered -ADHD like a mother.
On that LaRue Tactical Stealth barrel with their gas block, there is no need to pin it. Just use the supplied Loctite and you are good.