Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible terrorist dry run?

Feedback Score

Possible terrorist dry run?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/cellpho...india-11202489

Interesting looking device. Authorities first thought it was a cellphone bomb but it ended up being a home made power bank. I have to admit it certainly looks like it could be a terrorist dry run. Why in the hell would you make your own power bank and then use a clay like substance to hold the battery in place, all hidden inside a phone casing.

Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I dunno...

Maybe?

Some people do some pretty dumb chit. It wouldn't surprise me if the 26 year old was a recent student, or had an interest in DIY.

I wouldn't ever conceal clay and bring it through sec. But, if I was stupid and didn't think that 2 dollars of clay and some solder would cause a flubbub, I might have tried it.

In our tech age, I am 50/50. But, if it was a "dry-run" which, I doubt, it was foiled easily, and the person will be on watch and surveillance for a LONG time now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not convinced it was a dry run. Could have been, but most terrorists I think know a bomb like that is going to get caught. There also the fact that it could have also been someone having fun at security's expense. I have known guys who were flying who had cheese or bottles in their bags, wrapped wires around them, and in some cases stuck a broken cell phone or their alarm clock with it and set it through. They got nice notes in their luggage that the TSA had checked their bags, but that was it.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Probably right it wasn't a dry run as I guess what would the point be. But with that said, I can't imagine being dumb enough to conceal clay, wires, and a battery inside a cellphone case .
    Whiskey

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    But with that said, I can't imagine being dumb enough to conceal clay, wires, and a battery inside a cellphone case .
    You don't get out much do you? I see plenty of people who are that stupid. Hell, at my old job we used to have people make threats to staff over the phone, after having provided their contact information to us. Never. NEVER!!!, underestimate the power of stupid.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    wannabe copycat like that clock boy idiot most likely who wants to become a internet star by being stupid is my guess ?
    and then whine and complain how they did so much bad to him over his harmless home made device

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    You don't get out much do you? I see plenty of people who are that stupid. Hell, at my old job we used to have people make threats to staff over the phone, after having provided their contact information to us. Never. NEVER!!!, underestimate the power of stupid.
    True, I guess I just don't want to believe it.
    Whiskey

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    wannabe copycat like that clock boy idiot most likely who wants to become a internet star by being stupid is my guess ?
    and then whine and complain how they did so much bad to him over his harmless home made device
    Beat me to it. Some people just want to push the limits of common sense and sound judgement.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hah, this reminds me of "Clock Boy" who's dad is a jihadist sympathizer in CAIR that got all the bleeding hearts screaming "islamophobia" when the police decided to take a closer look at his home made "clock" in school.

I love to make some of my own firearms, doesn't mean I should take them to the airport.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 09-20-17 at 07:34.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The -stupid- aspect aside... why would you make that POS when you can buy a battery pack for like $5. With stupid figured in, it still seems suspicious to me. If I had to choose, I would go with dry run.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast