Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible terrorist dry run?

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Lots of people make their own.

Now saying one way or the other on this but calling a battery pack a terrorist dry run seems a bit... Well it seems really out there.

https://www.aliexpress.com/popular/power-bank-kit.html
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    The -stupid- aspect aside... why would you make that POS when you can buy a battery pack for like $5. With stupid figured in, it still seems suspicious to me. If I had to choose, I would go with dry run.
    Because with a dead/broken phone (based on the phone battery and old phone shell, I would think this may be the case) 10 cents worth of solder and an old USB board, you can make one for no more then about a dollar and 20 minutes.

Still stupid, on many accounts, but the clock boy perspective is a unique one.

15 minutes of fame is always being sought still.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 09-21-17 at 09:45.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Maybe I just can't see it, but there doesn't appear to be any regulation circuit. It just looks like a string of usb ports and a battery with no circuit. So it's not really safe to use and it's a fire hazard.

I guess if it looked more like a real DIY from spare parts I could buy it. It just looks too 'faked' to me.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Maybe I just can't see it, but there doesn't appear to be any regulation circuit. It just looks like a string of usb ports and a battery with no circuit. So it's not really safe to use and it's a fire hazard.

I guess if it looked more like a real DIY from spare parts I could buy it. It just looks too 'faked' to me.
    So dude is likely very amateur in the electronics world, and has failed to look at the DIY wiki's for home rolled chargers. That, or he's an expendable no body set up for penetration testing security protocol for some bad people...my opinion is the former...
    Last edited by Co-gnARR; 09-21-17 at 22:14.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

You bring up a good point.

There are regs on shipping and air travel concerning various batteries, etc. so even if the screeners didn't think "OMG an IED" there still could be concern over if the thing will catch fire on a plane in the air.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Stupid or not, likely or not, it's a dry run until PROVEN otherwise. 26 y.o. Mohammed flying to Dubai with an item that looks exactly what a cell phone IED would look like, doesn't get a pass just because it turns out to be an item that looks exactly what a cell phone IED would look like.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12