Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What Firearm Hooked You Into Being an Enthusiast?

Feedback Score
    I grew up around Fudd guns. I went hunting and fishing all of the time growing up. What did it for me though, was going into the Army right out of high school. When cut loose from active duty and moving back to Texas, I saved up and bought a Colt SP-1 Carbine back in 1985. The rest is history. BTW... I STILL have that old SP-1. I was even allowed to carry it as a patrol rifle for my old LEO job back in "the day". From there, it looks like 26 Inf and I took the same path..

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    A 4" Model 66 and hearing the words 'the new dude just out shoot everyone on the department' after my first qual. (Turned out it wasn't that big of a feat, but continued me on down the road).
    I was allowed to purchase my model 66, but later traded it for my next duty weapon, the P226 when they were added to the department approved list. Darn I wish I'd have just saved and kept that 66.. Same for the 226 that I traded for a 229... At least I still have that P229. I will never get rid of it. Like my old SP-1, it saved my arse as a LEO more than once. Between the Army and being a former LEO, I'm hooked for life.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    At 7 I was given a marlin model 60(I Think?) Been shooting ever since. Joined the army in 97 just to be able to shoot cooler guns. (Not really but that was a plus)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I grew up around hunting rifles and shotguns but the first non hunting gun I ever shot was an Iver Johnson TP22 back in '93 and I was hooked from there. I lucked out and got to shoot an AK of some sort as well. I fell in love with guns that day.

The moment I turned 18 I went out and bought my first AK and as soon as I turned 21 I went and bought a pistol.
    Last edited by bighawk; 09-21-17 at 13:24.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Ruger 10-22. Still have it and smile at every ding and scratch on it.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    When I was a kid, I liked Magnum PI and James Bond...So a "Colt 45" (1911) as I knew it when I was 8 and the Walther PPK
    First long gun ended up being a Nylon 66...go figure. My first handgun was a Colt 1991 45 though.

NC
    Last edited by nightchief; 09-21-17 at 20:42.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My grandfathers bolt action .22. Marlin model 101. Such a fun rifle for a young boy.

We would shoot while camping.

Starting when I was 7 he took me out and showed me basics and taught me safety.

He'd bring a few bricks of .22 and set up Coca Cola and Pepsi cans at various distances and let me have at it. He'd enjoy watching me for hours.

Loved it. I was hooked from the first shot.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345