Thread: My "beater" truck gun build turned not so beater.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    204 (100%)

My "beater" truck gun build turned not so beater.

So my goal was a to build a beater truck gun that is reliable and I could trust if ever needed when on the road. Well stop there are remove beater moving forward. Plans changed. I began this journey after having one of my 11.5 Kights CQB SBR with an Aimpoint M4s in my truck for a few years and becoming paranoid it would go missing one day.. I wouldn't want to leave it when parking my vehicle anywhere. I don't leave my truck outside overnight and the only extended non attended times are in covered parking at the airport. So I bought a truck vault to securely store my rifle and gear in my SUV and went on my hunt for the remaining parts search for the build. So right out of the gate. Throw the beater word right out of the window. I ended up just building another quality rifle and pretty much went away from what I was going to do from the start. Go figure. Most of these parts I had already laying around so I didn't really have much expense in my truck gun build. I knew I needed something else reliable that I could trust my life on. My original plans to build a beater had me rethinking... Most likely if I was in a situation to use a rifle, it very well could be when I'm not inside my house. So I wanted to use all quality parts, and parts I would trust. And that turned into a higher quality build instead of a beater. I also have interstate travel forms filled out for almost 20 states so being an SBR I'm not worried about state travel. So it goes as follows:

Lower:

BCM SBR'd Lower
    Vltor A5
    Geissele SD-C
    Magpul SL-S
    Bad ambi selector

Upper:

Vltor mur1a
    Centurion CMR 9.5
    DD 10.3 Barrel
    Centurion C4 BCG
    KAC micro 2-6 rear
    DD fixed front
    KAC CH
    AAC Brake
    AAC M42000
    Surefire M300c w/SR05
    KAC offset scout mount
    Norah hand stop
    Aimpoint T1 w/ADM QD mount

I zero all my rifles at 50 with Mk262's and this thing shot half inch groups at 50 with a 4moa dot. So plenty accurate for what I would do with it.

Like it or hate it, I'm all ears. Enjoy.

Last edited by Jwknutson17; 09-20-17 at 13:41.
    Philippians 4:13