Thread: Silencerco Maxim 50

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Silencerco Maxim 50

Not quite sure where to put this, but thought others might find the concept of a suppressed firearm free of infringements refreshing.

https://www.store.silencerco.com/pro...nt=37950952529

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I got SiCos email about the release last night. Looks interesting, but they mention it being fully welded so I take that to mean it cannot be taken apart for cleaning. If that is the case I think powder build up will be an issue.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    I got SiCos email about the release last night. Looks interesting, but they mention it being fully welded so I take that to mean it cannot be taken apart for cleaning. If that is the case I think powder build up will be an issue.
    I wondered about black powder and a can anyway. Guessing a dunk in solvent would be in order....probably another excellent use for Ballistol + water emulsion.

I am assuming the here and now isn't the main focus with this or other items (binary triggers, arm braces, 14" legal oal shotguns & so on). Nice to see companies coming along doing this stuff versus the traditional ones who have effectively been collaborators.
    Last edited by JasonB1; 09-20-17 at 08:12.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I wonder if SiCo recommends Blackhorn 209 powder to avoid fouling the can beyond repair. I've never used it, but wonder if it really burns much cleaner than other black powder substitutes?

Feedback Score
    Someone posted the same link in a Hunter's forum and after looking at their field stripping and cleaning videos I had the exact same questions. My experience, if you spend anytime load testing or trying a different bullet or just sighting in a scope and practicing, I don't see how the baffles of the can last a season and remain functional. Also the trigger assembley and action are more complex than standard inlines making cleaning them a bigger chore. Nice concept thought.
    Last edited by City Rat; 09-21-17 at 02:29.
    Just trying to get a straight answer in a twisted world.
    Colt LE SOCOM 6920 5.56
    Ruger SR1911 Commander .45
    Marlin 1895 GBL .45/70
    Marlin Golden 39M Mountie .22
    CVA Wolf Smokepole .50
    Remington 870 Express Magnum Scatter gun 12ga (project)