Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aero Precision AC-15 Carbine Complete $499 Thoughts?

Feedback Score

Aero Precision AC-15 Carbine Complete $499 Thoughts?

I'm about ready to jump on this. Any reason not too? The "Specs" look good to me. Aero seems to have a good reputation.

Upper Features
    • Upper: Standard M4 Upper Receiver
    • Barrel: 16" 5.56 NATO, Carbine Length, 1:7 Twist, 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium, QPQ finish, M4 Profile
    • Sights: A2 Front Sight - REAR SIGHT NOT INCLUDED
    • Handguard: Standard M4 Carbine Handguard with double heat shield
    • Gas System: Carbine Length Gas System and A2 Pinned Front Sight Block
    • Bolt Carrier Group: M16 Cut, 8620 Steel, Phosphated, Staked, Carpenter 158 Bolt, HP and MPI Tested
    • Muzzle Device: Standard A2 Flash Hider
    Lower Features
    • Lower: Gen 2 Lower Receiver with flared magwell and upper tension screw
    • Lower Parts Kit: Standard AR15 Lower Parts Kit
    • Buffer Kit: Standard Mil-Spec AR15/M4 Buffer Kit
    • Stock: Standard M4 Collapsable Stock
    • Grip: Standard A2 Pistol Grip
    • Magazine: NOT INCLUDED

https://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_...ete-rifle.html

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have owned several Aero rifles. While they are not equal to a Colt, DD or BCM or Sionics they all run fine. I had one that had around 4000 rounds through it when I traded it for something else. I had another mid length one that had a canted front site post. I removed it and installed a low profile gas block and FF rail. For a recreational shooter they work great. I knew what they where when I got them so I was ok with it. Their barrels are made by Balistic Advantage, which Aero purchased a while ago. They are not chrome lined but the ones I have experience with have been more than accurate enough for my purposes. That being said for a couple hundred more you could get into a Colt 6920 or 6720.
    Last edited by Fuzzy-Reticle; 09-19-17 at 21:57.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That being said for a couple hundred more you could get into a Colt 6920 or 6720

I'm not dogging Fuzzy-Reticle, I've seen these sentiments posted here before. And OP, I'm not putting you in the category of purchaser I'm about to describe, either.

Sometimes I'll say stuff like that and then remember back to the days where me and Wife #1 saved several months for a $99.00 black and white TV. At that point I was not even willing to consider saving another 3 months for one with a remote.

For some purchasers $200.00 is a deal breaker. On a 500.00 purchases 200.00 more is a 40% increase in price.

Can anyone quantify that a Colt is 40% more accurate, 40% more reliable, 40% longer lasting?

You have to balance intended use, your needs, and your willingness/ability to pay for whatever actual utility that extra 200.00 gives you.

Not aimed at you Fuzzy-Reticle, sorry for the rant.

And by the way, I ride Harley Davidson's, so I am aware that sometimes when you want a brand, you want a brand and are not necessarily concerned with the utility of the extra cost.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 09-19-17 at 22:42.

Feedback Score
    Not sure where you guys are seeing 6920 for $200 more ($700?) Did some searching and the best price I can find for a 6920 (With furniture) is $799 at CDNN. that's $300 more than the Aero 60% more.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Feedback Score
    I think the AC-15 is a step up from guns like the Sport 2 and Ruger ar556. It has an MPI tested barrel and MPI/HPT bolt, as well as a 7075 receiver extension. Of the budget ARs it is the best imo, but when the Colt Trooper is $699 its hard to justify the AC-15. Joe Bob Outfitters has the Trooper, which is a 6920 with Centurion rail, for $699 right now

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
    Not sure where you guys are seeing 6920 for $200 more ($700?) Did some searching and the best price I can find for a 6920 (With furniture) is $799 at CDNN. that's $300 more than the Aero 60% more.
    https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Col...n-le6920-r.htm

$699 shipped. So only $199 more than the Aero OP posted, actually less because you pay for shipping with the Aero.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Lots of threads about why a buyer should think long and hard about the COLT 69** series. No need to beat that horse any longer IMHO.

The AERO AC-15 is a solid rifle for the $. It is like some others have said a step up from the M&P Sport II another solid option in the sub $700 range.

I totally understand that for some people $200 can be a deal breaker. That's cool. For $500 the AC-15 is a good buy and will serve the OP for a very long time.

If $500 is the OP's budget and that is what he wants to get I say drive on and buy it. He could do a heck of a lot worse. He should shoot the hell out of it and enjoy it. If later he decides he wants something else he can always trade it or sell it to fund another rifle. I hope he gets one. Another AR owner is a good thing IMHO.
    Last edited by Fuzzy-Reticle; 09-20-17 at 10:33.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy-Reticle View Post
    Lots of threads about why a buyer should think long and hard about the COLT 69** series. No need to beat that horse any longer IMHO.

The AERO AC-15 is a solid rifle for the $. It is like some others have said a step up from the M&P Sport II.

I totally understand that for some people $200 can be a deal breaker. That's cool. For $500 the AC-15 is a good buy and will serve the OP for a very long time.

If $500 is the OP's budget and that is what he wants to get I say drive on and buy it. He could do a heck of a lot worse. He should shoot the hell out of it and enjoy it. If later he decides he wants something else he can always trade it or sell it to fund another rifle. I hope he gets one. Another AR owner is a good thing IMHO.
    I totally agree with this as well. I think the biggest thing is understanding that if the OP wants a free-float, quad drop in, etc, his rail choices will be limited with the Aero unless he cuts the FSB. And even if he doesn't, he's likely going to spend close to $200 on a used rail, bringing up the cost to past the Trooper. But $200 down the line is different than an additional $200 now.

OP, with the Aero, you will only need a read site. With the Trooper, you'd need both front and back irons if you wanted them, or you could just go optic to start with.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Aero precision makes great stuff. They actually manufacture a lot of their products instead of other companies who just assemble parts. This is a solid rifle for the money. I would rather have this rifle + red dot than another more expensive rifle without RDS. I have had only positive experience with their products and customer service.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast