Thread: Randy Cain Tactical Handgun 101, 29 Sep - 1 Oct 2017, Lakeland, FL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Randy Cain Tactical Handgun 101, 29 Sep - 1 Oct 2017, Lakeland, FL

Randy Cain of Cumberland Tactics returns to Southern Exposure Training in Lakeland, FL for his foundation stone course, Tactical Handgun 101, from Friday, 29 September through Sunday, 1 October. This will be the first of only two Fall offerings of this highly-regarded course at Southern Exposure.

TH101 is the most popular course in the comprehensive Cumberland Tactics curriculum, providing a thorough introduction to the defensive use of the handgun. The course covers all elements of the Modern Technique of the Pistol, starting with the triad of marksmanship, gun handling, and mindset. Because of TH101's strong focus on the fundamentals, many proficient shooters with extensive training experience return again and again for TH101 to refresh their skills.

The course puts a high degree of emphasis on safety on and off the range, and covers marksmanship factors, the draw stroke, malfunction clearance, weapon retention, shooting on the move, moving targets, various firing positions, low-light shooting, and mental conditioning. Depending on the composition of the class, additional subjects such as individual tactics and working with a partner or as part of a team may be covered.

One of the moderators of this forum, who has trained extensively with a number of nationally prominent instructors over the years, characterizes TH101 (a course he has taken many times) this way: "Randy will start at the most basic level, and build. You may think at 11AM on the first day that the class is too basic for you. It isn't. If you knew what he would be having you do at 11AM on the 3rd day you'd think the class was too advanced for you. It isn't."

The nominal ammunition requirement for the course is 600 Rounds. Some classes use less, some use more - bringing a little extra couldn't hurt. Tuition for the class is $550. Southern Exposure Training students get discounted rates at the Travelodge Motel at the intersection of I-4 and US-98. For registration and logistics information, contact Irv Lehman by email at: bigsfish@bellsouth.net. Additional information about the instructor's philosophy, training credentials, and course registration can be found at his website: www.randycain.com

Feedback Score
    Well, the class in the books. Great class. On my way up I was regretting leaving home and work. Coming off of a 3 week vacation and then dealing with a hurricane put me weeks behind and that was all I could focus on during the drive up to Lakeland. Boy am I glad I attended. Great group this class. I can't wait to get back up there.

Thanks to Randy, Irv and Watfa. I highly recommend the class to beginners and seasoned shooters alike.
    Mano