Thread: Zeiss Conquest DL Subtension Calculations Help

Feedback Score

Zeiss Conquest DL Subtension Calculations Help

Hopefully this forum can solve a riddle for me. I have a Zeiss Conquest DL 3-12x50 with a 60 reticle (duplex) on a Nosler 300win mag (no 20moa rail).

I'm no math major and I can't for the life of me decipher the attached matrix they have on their site. I'm trying to figure out what the distance is between the crosshair and the top of the bottom post (the thick part). I've marked that dimension B on the picture. If I can figure out what 70cm represents I should be good to go. The reasoning is I can hunt deer with this rifle from 50 yards to 500. I'd like to know what the MOA drop is in the reticle at varying powers from the crosshair to the top of the bottom post.

So the question is:

- Does the opening between bars row mean A) thick post to thick post or B) thick post to crosshair? I assume #B
    - What do they mean by formatting numbers 8,0 or 4,8, etc. etc.?

Metric crap makes me regret not sticking with Vortex. But I do like the scope and would like to hold onto it.

Some background on the gun if interested or necessary for the answer (other than shoot my 243 or 308's and don't' use too much rifle).

I recently got this rifle a year ago and had it threaded for a Crux ARK30. The can finally came through and I got to do some work with it last weekend.

Saturday I was shooting a 150gr. Hornady Whitetail load at it with a velocity of 2702fps. The rifle is dead on at 200 yards with this round as it is with a 180gr Nosler Accubond (my hunting round). The good news is there is no POA/POI difference with the can.

Thank you all. Ignore the federal duck stamp attachment. I was proving a point to a coworker and somehow attached it. can't figure out how to delete that from this post.zeiss..jpg

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The distance for the opening between bars is between thick posts and 70 cm at 100m, 27.55 inches or 24.15 MOA. Thus, "B" in your drawing would be half of that or 35 cm/12 MOA.
    Formatting with commas is a European equivalent to decimals here. At 12X, the center dot is 0.8 cm or 0.28 MOA
    Last edited by Warg; 09-20-17 at 19:12.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for confirming that.

now I'll run my calcs to figure out the moa drop at various distances to the top of that bottom thick post

Feedback Score
    I'm trying to calculate the total MOA's I have to work with in this reticle. As confirmed, the distance I have from xhair to the bottom is 70 cm.
    Did I calculate this correctly then based on your help?

zeiss2.jpg
    Last edited by tmwtrfwler; 09-21-17 at 08:37.