Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New AR

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOnFire40 View Post
    That may also help you and screw what Iraqgunz said. Get what you like and can offered. We are here to help and not put people down based on their budgets.
    We are not here to help people "Get what they like and can afford." Fixed your spelling.

We are here to help people make quality choices and not buy bargain rifles that aren't on the same level as rifles that cost little more. Why buy PSA when known quality products cost just a little more?

Saving up to buy quality instead of just buying what you can afford is good advice; especially since OP said it may be used for HD. On a forum populated with knowledgable members that train frequently and most likely have served means we are not here to validate purchases that could put someone's life on the line due to poor quality.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Dang, you guys are harsh lol. Talk about inducing buyer's remorse!

OP, when you get your AR, take it to the range and sight it in. Put a thousand rounds through it and if it goes bang every single time you pull the trigger then guess what...you have a great rifle -- no matter what anybody here says.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    If you do not want to have to deal with turning an optic on and off, here is the one for you - the HOLOSUN 403A. It has an auto wake feature that automatically turns on the scope when it is moved and an adjustable 8 hour auto-shutoff. I have one on one of my ARs. It cannot be any simpler to use.

http://www.holosun.com/store/index.p...&product_id=63

As far as sights go, leave what you have. The MBUS and the FSB will work well together and with the optic.
    Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot is also made by Holosun, has the same battery life and durability, motion detection, etc, but does not require you to take the micro off to base to change the battery. They also have the option of getting it with their ACSS reticle. The torture test a publication did on it proved it is very durable and can take some heavy abuse.

This would be a good option for the OP.

Feedback Score
    You bought a rifle that is made for the range. It is a good range rifle. I wouldn't get defensive about your decision. IG is making a RDS recommendation based on your logic for purchasing the rifle. The reality is that PSA is not known for consistent quality and reliability. Using it for an application other than the range is unadvised.
    It is a good choice if it is simply for fun. It is a poor choice for serious use.
    Shoot and enjoy it!

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Learn to shoot with your iron sights first.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I dont own a psa rifle but a really good friend of mine bought a psa ar10. I tried to talk him into something a little higher end but he didnt want to drop alot on something that was going to be specifically used as a hog gun. And i dont ane him, our set up is hard on stuff. He got it in and we took it to the range and ran ab assortment of ammo from cheapest to a few hunting rounds, no match grade, through it without a hiccup and had tight groups. The build quality on this one was good, i cant comment on the long term quality of the small parts but they looked good and everything was where it should be. My only real complaint is the ugly roll mark. Now this isnt a going to be used for hd ever, Its sole purpose is to be thrown into a 60s model jeep and get beat to hell and shoot hogs. And it has worked great for that. Maybe he got lucky, idk. But if you just want an ar to get the bug out of system, throw a cheaper red dot on and put 1k rds or less a year, then it should fit your needs very well. if you get more serious about it, put it up and get something else that fits your needs then.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    If you do not want to have to deal with turning an optic on and off, here is the one for you - the HOLOSUN 403A. It has an auto wake feature that automatically turns on the scope when it is moved and an adjustable 8 hour auto-shutoff. I have one on one of my ARs. It cannot be any simpler to use.

http://www.holosun.com/store/index.p...&product_id=63

I have a couple of Aimpoint Micros and I never have to turn them on or off. In fact, neither of them have an off switch.

Buck91, that PSA is going to need a new extractor spring after a few hundred rounds. It also comes with a carbine weight buffer which is a bit too light. You'll need to replace it with an H or H2 buffer
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ll also recommend the Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot. You can get one for $170 and a cheap mount for $30 on Amazon. Battery life of 50,000 hours so you don’t have to worry about having to turn it on in an emergency. Just leave it on and replace the battery every few years. It should be good enough for a range rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    Dang, you guys are harsh lol. Talk about inducing buyer's remorse!

OP, when you get your AR, take it to the range and sight it in. Put a thousand rounds through it and if it goes bang every single time you pull the trigger then guess what...you have a great rifle -- no matter what anybody here says.

Thats the plan! I have a few other HD options that had passed this test with flying colors (assuming we avoid WWB in 40s&w!) so it's not like this is my only option. Just my first AR.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    OP, good luck with your rifle. It's done. The point that's been said 7 times 7 different ways is for little more you could have bought a first tier quality rifle. You gotta shop and look for deals but it can be had.

Shoot beer cans, Paper and steel and learn the AR world then tempt yourself with a Colt, BCM, LMT...yours Maybe not a HD gun, even after 1,000 rounds, there is always 1,001 you don't know about. I'm sure you have Glocks or other teir 1 guns that you can be safe with in HD.

Get a Vortex Sparc or something after you learn your irons. Good luck.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast