Thread: Govt. size 9mm?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got a Springfield Armory 9mm Range Officer (Operator) last year and the only issue I have had with it so far was that when it was first fired, the electro-penciled numbers on the bottom of the slide caused the disconnector to occasionally impede a full return to battery. Once that was dealt with, it has proven to be a lot of bang for my bucks. The only change I have made to it so far has been replacing the factory grip panels with a pair of Raasco double diamond checkered walnut panels (the factory RO grips are too busy for my tastes and they seemed kind of "slick," though the latter may be mostly in my head). So far it is reliable with the factory CheckMate and "front groove" Metalform magazines, and accuracy is a lot better than I had anticipated... maybe I got lucky in a new purchase for a change.

If I were a southpaw, I'd strongly consider getting a RO and have someone who knows their business install one of the better aftermarket ambidextrous safeties and any other minor parts that I might need/want. I don't mind MIM as much as some folks, but replacing those parts with tool steel versions done right might put you close to the amout you are thinking about. The new RO Elite with the ambi safety might be all you need right off the bat.

A full-size 1911 in 9mm is something more people should try. I resisted the idea for years and missed out on a good thing all that time.

toc
    Last edited by theorangecat; 09-22-17 at 18:29.