Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Govt. size 9mm?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The lipsey model has G10 grips (some upgraded grips) FO front sight, 10-8 ledge rear sight. A rail, front strap checkering and upgraded internals with tool grade steel.

Go onto Lipsey website and it will spec it out for you. Good luck.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    One of the three I'm down to. I would add the ambi safety and call it done.

That may be for the better anyways, as Colts can be hit or miss on thumb safety fitting. The safety on my 2011 Rail Gun was poorly fitted and I replaced it with a Wilson Bulletproof model. But the one on my 2009 Lightweight Commander was fitted perfectly. The important thing is they run like a raped ape right out of the box, and I'm jealous that the CCU is chock full of features that I didn't get on the regular Rail Gun.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 09-23-17 at 16:41.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Head over to 1911addicts.com , great resource for 1911 platforms. Also, check out the Dan Wesson PM9. Not knocking the Colt's but its light years ahead in terms of quality. Considering the mil/leo discount price on the PM9, I really see no reason to go with anything else.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    While I like boyh my CRG and my PM-9, there's really no direct comparison between the two. The PM-9 is the clear winner in fit, finish, quality of internal parts and accuracy.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I believe MistWolf has the CCU that has having serious reliability issues and has been at Colt for almost three months now to get fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I bought an STI duty one in 9mm. It has been reliable and accurate but the finish that STI puts on them are horrible. I ended up having it melonited and since then it has held up well. Some people don't like the polymer trigger, but I have no issues with it. I did add an ambi safety, magwell as well as the new finish. Some also don't like the black sights, but they have not hindered me at all. The STIs do seem to be magazine specific, I also have an officers 9mm and they both only seem to run with metal form mags (that is the brand they ship with) however they run on the 9 rd and 10 rd mags with no issues.

I had thought about buying a colt, but after the issues I have had with my delta elite I would not buy another if it was the last 1911 on earth.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Buds has the DW for 1720.00. The CCU can be found for below 1400.00. Add a Wilson Ambi and fitting and it's not too far off. The money is close. Or I can spend about 1100, including tax locally and get the SA. They seem to be hit or miss but I know thier service department makes things right. I tend to think if it was a duty gun I'd go Dan Wesson but it's not, however it's hard to gain confidence in a firearm if it starts out sputtering. When I was carrying my own M-4 builds on duty I liked 1000 troublefree rounds before putting them in the car. After the SA EMP4, which runs perfectly through 900+ rounds, I'm leaning towards the SA. However, a pair of Colt CCU's (pistol and carbine) would be a good way to own Colts again. I'm sentimental that way.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I bought an STI duty one in 9mm. It has been reliable and accurate but the finish that STI puts on them are horrible. I ended up having it melonited and since then it has held up well. Some people don't like the polymer trigger, but I have no issues with it. I did add an ambi safety, magwell as well as the new finish. Some also don't like the black sights, but they have not hindered me at all. The STIs do seem to be magazine specific, I also have an officers 9mm and they both only seem to run with metal form mags (that is the brand they ship with) however they run on the 9 rd and 10 rd mags with no issues.

I had thought about buying a colt, but after the issues I have had with my delta elite I would not buy another if it was the last 1911 on earth.
    IMO, that's the best trigger on the market. Lighter than any other for reliable trigger jobs (mostly for competition guns), adjustable for take up and over travel, no rattling in the frame, etc. It's just a damn good trigger and all my 1911's have it installed.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123