Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bravo versus Colt

Feedback Score
    Ok so legitimate question for the record. If you had 30 seconds to grab one and run, which one? Mines Colt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

As discussed in “The US Army’s M4 Carbine Controversy”, Colt’s steady increase in prices, combined with stories of M4 unreliability, led to unwanted Congressional attention.
    The pricing issue is not suprising, but what was the reliability controversy? Are we back to the legends of the AR/M4 platform being inherently sensitive to dirt and whatnot or was there a special new case of unreliability?

Feedback Score
    And this is relevant to this thread how??? The thread was about BCM vs Colt. Try to stay on topic. We get it, you hate colt.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    You get way more for your money with BCM. They've upgraded damn near every part of the original GI design and it is all fantastic.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    You get way more for your money with BCM. They've upgraded damn near every part of the original GI design and it is all fantastic.
    What exactly have they upgraded? Ok I know about the PNT trigger and flared magwell. What else have they upgraded to justify the difference in price? I'm just trying to be subjective I own and like both.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhd1 View Post
    What exactly have they upgraded? Ok I know about the PNT trigger and flared magwell. What else have they upgraded to justify the difference in price? I'm just trying to be subjective I own and like both.
    I like the fact that every bolt carrier group is hand inspected. They also have in my opinion the best barrel nut/handguard solution on the market right now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, I guess a few of us have to face it that this is a pro-Colt forum and there is nothing that will ever change this. Everyone has the right to their own opinion and some, as in those that are not die-hard Colt fans, are wrong. Oh well. Like I said, everyone has a right to their own opinion.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    Well, I guess a few of us have to face it that this is a pro-Colt forum and there is nothing that will ever change this. Everyone has the right to their own opinion and some, as in those that are not die-hard Colt fans, are wrong. Oh well. Like I said, everyone has a right to their own opinion.
    Fact is you spewed incorrect information. Facts are not opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I owned several Colts over the years and had one that was over 10,000 rounds. Over the years, as I shot more and took more classes I kind of figured out my preferences. For my duty carbines I preferred LW barrels, mid length, and 14.5" barrels. The rest of my preferences are easily put on any decent brand. I did use a few 6720's but slowly gravitated to BCM. For pure accuracy I used a Noveske or one of my builds. Going to 3 or 4 EAG classes probably didn't hurt thing either as I wasat the class when filithy14 went over 40,000 rounds. At that time it was still shooting decent groups as well. If you prefer 14.5 pinned barrels BCM was easier. I'm not anti Colt they just didn't offer me what I wanted for a long time. To say one is substantially better than another would be hard to prove. I don't even own a 16" 5.56 currently but am looking hard at the CCU and the Enhanced Patrol Rifles just because.

Some on here talk about the old Colts, how old? We've got several Colts in our inventory that I get to work on and many over the years had the half moon carriers, 4 position basic stock, etc. Those have no appeal to me. As I tweak them I order new BCG's, buffers, and springs.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    I don't think that's the case at all. BCM makes fine rifles and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone on here who will say otherwise, except that one guy. Colt is and until proven otherwise, the standard and at current prices, an exceptional value. BCM has more variety.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast