Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bravo versus Colt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Bravo versus Colt

I have personal experience with Daniel Defense and Colt rifles. Is there really any qualitative difference between a Colt and Bravo Company? Quality? Fit? Reliability?
    I am familiar with the expression "Colts are work horses and not show ponies"; however, the latest Colts that I have examined look like they raced through the Colt factory

The Bravo rifles that I have seen are outstanding. Would appreciate your responses.
    Last edited by thegreyman; 09-21-17 at 07:03.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Honestly? Now that bcm offers mlok and a new lw quad rail, plus all their awesome furniture, I don't see any reason to buy a colt other than their ridiculously awesome prices on 6920s, trooper models and oem models. If you can afford it go with a bcm. Fit and finish is superb and the owner is one of the good guys.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The accuracy of BCM does not have the greatest track record (their match barrels at least) and there is usually some play between upper/lower. I get the play is a NON issue, just for the money I don't like it. Then of course they don't make anything in house, BUT they have some of the strictest QC I've heard of and I've never heard of one of their parts failing.

Those are my three gripes with BCM compared to Colt which i used and trusted for 8 years and 4 deployments. But that said, all I own are BCM rifles/lowers. The quality of parts and decency of owner dwarf my very minor complaints.

Feedback Score
    Colt has the official copy of the TDP.

BCM does not have an official copy of the TDP, but has the full list of specifications, if I understand the situation correctly.

Colt is a large manufacturer that cranks out huge numbers of rifles, and usually makes components in-house, with some exceptions.

BCM assembles rifles with some components made in-house and others made elsewhere, although the owner of BCM has a reputation for strict quality control and adherence to their copy of the military standards.

Colt is probably the closest one can get to an actual military M4, but BCM is pretty much its equal just on their strict quality control standards.

I have both and would hesitate to part with either.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 09-22-17 at 09:17.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    The accuracy of BCM does not have the greatest track record (their match barrels at least)
    Do you have any data to back this up? I've heard this topic discussed on here, but it's always 2nd hand knowledge.
    -tpdavis

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate and I picture us invading that world because they would never expect it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpdavis89 View Post
    Do you have any data to back this up? I've heard this topic discussed on here, but it's always 2nd hand knowledge.
    That has been my experience with two of their ss410 barrels. The pics have been deleted but you get the idea:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...els&highlight=
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 09-21-17 at 18:08.

Feedback Score
    Back in the days of 'The Chart,' the only difference between the two was the warranty. At the time, BCM had a lifetime warranty while the Colt was one year. That is still true today, but I don't know if there are any other differences now that didn't exist then.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Anyone can make a lemon, I've seen it with every brand to include Colt, DD, Noveske and even KAC. Funny thing is that you sent your upper back, it was replaced and then you listed it for sale before even checking to see if the new one was better.

I have built several uppers using the SS410 barrel and all of them were sub-MOA. Several other people in the thread you linked to, also stated that the groups were not normal and they reported good results.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    That has been my experience with two if their ss410 barrels. The pics have been deleted but you get the idea:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...els&highlight=

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpdavis89 View Post
    I have first hand experience. I've owned, and still own one BCM SS410 upper that don't shoot any ammo as well as any 6920 or Colt SOCOM will shoot. The five or so chrome lined BCM barrels didn't shoot as well as the SS410s.

BCM is a top notch company, I like 'em, I have a Mod4 charging handle in all uppers, I rock a BCM t-shirt and hat on occasion.

Feedback Score
    Colt wins.
    Colt built the technical data package and is the standard.
    Standards can be exceeded and often are, but if it's an M4 and this is m4carbine.net not m4gery.net than in my opinion it's gonna have to be a Colt M4.
    The best everyone else can claim is "mil-spec" (except FN, building for the government to Colt's TDP).
    BCM is great and although I only have five AR's, two are "real" Colt M4's and all of them have at least one BCM part in them.
    You can clone almost anything now including the Colt M4. You can even make it prettier, lighter, or whatever, but it will always be something else and never the original.
    Colt prices are ridiculously low right now so you probably have to spend more to get somebody else's "mil spec" or "we have the TDP" rifle so again I am going with Colt.
    Other people with vested interests in other companies can and will argue this, but I won't get butt hurt. I don't get paid to endorse Colt, I am not a fanboy and Colt only takes up a total of two slots in my gun safes and they seem to play well with others.
    Colt is like Trump; getting tired of winning and winning and winning............

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast