Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bravo versus Colt

Feedback Score

Bravo versus Colt

I have personal experience with Daniel Defense and Colt rifles. Is there really any qualitative difference between a Colt and Bravo Company? Quality? Fit? Reliability?
    I am familiar with the expression "Colts are work horses and not show ponies"; however, the latest Colts that I have examined look like they raced through the Colt factory

The Bravo rifles that I have seen are outstanding. Would appreciate your responses.
    Last edited by thegreyman; 09-21-17 at 07:03.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Honestly? Now that bcm offers mlok and a new lw quad rail, plus all their awesome furniture, I don't see any reason to buy a colt other than their ridiculously awesome prices on 6920s, trooper models and oem models. If you can afford it go with a bcm. Fit and finish is superb and the owner is one of the good guys.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The accuracy of BCM does not have the greatest track record (their match barrels at least) and there is usually some play between upper/lower. I get the play is a NON issue, just for the money I don't like it. Then of course they don't make anything in house, BUT they have some of the strictest QC I've heard of and I've never heard of one of their parts failing.

Those are my three gripes with BCM compared to Colt which i used and trusted for 8 years and 4 deployments. But that said, all I own are BCM rifles/lowers. The quality of parts and decency of owner dwarf my very minor complaints.

Feedback Score
    Colt has the official copy of the TDP.

BCM does not have an official copy of the TDP, but has the full list of specifications, if I understand the situation correctly.

Colt is a large manufacturer that cranks out huge numbers of rifles, and usually makes components in-house, with some exceptions.

BCM assembles rifles with some components made in-house and others made elsewhere, although the owner of BCM has a reputation for strict quality control and adherence to their copy of the military standards.

Colt is probably the closest one can get to an actual military M4, but BCM is pretty much its equal just on their strict quality control standards.

I have both and would hesitate to part with either.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 09-22-17 at 09:17.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    The accuracy of BCM does not have the greatest track record (their match barrels at least)
    Do you have any data to back this up? I've heard this topic discussed on here, but it's always 2nd hand knowledge.
    -tpdavis

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate and I picture us invading that world because they would never expect it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpdavis89 View Post
    Do you have any data to back this up? I've heard this topic discussed on here, but it's always 2nd hand knowledge.
    That has been my experience with two of their ss410 barrels. The pics have been deleted but you get the idea:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...els&highlight=
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 09-21-17 at 18:08.

Feedback Score
    Back in the days of 'The Chart,' the only difference between the two was the warranty. At the time, BCM had a lifetime warranty while the Colt was one year. That is still true today, but I don't know if there are any other differences now that didn't exist then.

Feedback Score
    I think Colt is the best value if you want a basic high quality factory rifle which is available in an handful of configurations. BCM on the other hand is an outstanding choice due to their variety of well thought out rifle configurations in a variety of barrel lengths and handguard options. In terms of quality and durability, both are excellent and are rifles that you can count on.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
    I have personal experience with Daniel Defense and Colt rifles. Is there really any qualitative difference between a Colt and Bravo Company? Quality? Fit? Reliability?
    I am familiar with the expression "Colts are work horses and not show ponies"; however, the latest Colts that I have examined look like they raced through the Colt factory

The Bravo rifles that I have seen are outstanding. Would appreciate your responses.
    I've had different colts for 22 years in the Army, now I own BCM, DD, Noveske and see no difference. All the same. My S&W, is definitely cheaper with cheap parts.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My 2016 built Colt OEM2 is nowhere near the quality or general fit and finish of my BCM Recces. No reliability or accuracy issues with any of the above, but MY particular Colt is nowhere near being in the same league as MY particular BCMs; YMMV. The Colt has some terrible machining marks, uneven anodizing, play between the receivers, the gas block was roughly cut and ground, and the roll marks are sloppy. My BCMs, although lighter, universally shoot softer and run more smoothly than the Colt, had superior triggers and recoil systems right out of the box, and were well worth the ~$300 price differential IMO (comparing current Colt OEM2 pricing @ ~$700 to BCM Recce-16 OEM pricing @ ~$1,000).

With all that said, I don't have any DD rifles to compare to. I have handled quite a few but have no trigger time behind them.
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 09-21-17 at 17:22.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast