Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: You are in charge of US Domestic Policy - what is your solution to urban poverty?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I will be 49 on my next birthday.. 60 is just on the horizon. I am already making "Grumpy Old Men" kind of plans with my buddies. I hunt and ride snowmobiles in the back country with several dudes in their early 70's. Hell, my dad is 73 and has no problems keeping up with me.
    If I make it to 61, I am buying a white Ford pick em up and OCing a 1911. I doubt I'll get into Garands but will use my HK91 as my lawn gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    I think what JC5188 was trying to say and JC5188 correct me if I'm wrong was 26 Inf mentioned that college coaches make more $$ then Deans of different departments and such. JC5188 was spot on. Big time coaches especially at the power five conferences, mostly football but even some of the top basketball coaches make schools a TON of money.

College football is the cash cow for athletic departments all over. Ticket sales, some school seat 80, 90 100K plus. Add food, beverages, shirts and all the other things that are sold the moneys huge.

Lacrosse, soccer, baseball, softball, volleyball, hockey ect. cost schools money that football pays for. And what the athletic departments doesn't use, the school gets to use. That's why it happens.

NYH1.
    Just saw this and that you mentioned me, lol.

Yes, spot on with what I meant. For my state school, the athletics program is valued at (cue Dr Evil), one BILLION dollars.

As we are seeing currently with NCAABB, it takes a skilled person of integrity to handle that in a proper way. That's a helluva asset to gamble, just because teachers are underpaid. And most of them are.

"I've just got like, this 5.56 okay? And it's 55 grain ball. And everybody I've ever seen shot with it, it dicks them up."

---Clint Smith
    Thunder Ranch

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If I make it to 61, I am buying a white Ford pick em up and OCing a 1911. I doubt I'll get into Garands but will use my HK91 as my lawn gun.
    Hey, I'm ahead of schedule!

Ok, its a Cummins Ram 4x4 instead of a 2wd F-150 with a cane in the gunrack.

Remember, 60 is the new 40!

Sure, the joints ache a bit and pop,but I'm more active and doing more fun stuff than in my early 50s.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910