Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Puerto Rico in bad shape after storm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I don't know of the answer to that exact question, but do know that it's much easier to replace generation than distribution, and I think the hurricane damaged distribution at least as much (probably far more) than generation.
    Good point. Hadn't considered that the lines being down would complicate that. Duh!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    This right here^
    Apparently i was wrong however, is they did vote in favor of statehood last time:

https://www.theatlantic.com/news/arc...tehood/529941/

Interesting how little press that got. Seems to be a rather big deal. No doubt they voted for it because they're a mess and dead broke, etc, but vote in favor they did.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    TOTALLY AGREE! And while we're at it let's cut loose California, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and maybe even my home state of New Mexico (I'll move to Arizona thank you very much).
    Can't cut them lose cuz we don't like them and or agree with them on various issues. Last time they/we tried that, only killed about 500k 'Murican's. Gonna have to play nice with each other, at least for now as and long as we can.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Can't cut them lose cuz we don't like them and or agree with them on various issues. Last time they/we tried that, only killed about 500k 'Murican's. Gonna have to play nice with each other, at least for now as and long as we can.
    I know. I was kidding. Still....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I know. I was kidding. Still....
    If they voted to succeed, I highly doubt too many would shed any tears over it and I suspect they'd have great difficulty convincing most in the mill to go kill fellow 'Muricans over it too today. Still...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    A guy who works for me is from PR, outside of San Juan.

His parents house is concrete with shutters and also has a generator and a small water tank. They are middle income and I assume that it is more common place to have those items. That said, if they can keep gasoline flowing maybe they can survive better than your average US home that has no generator and a few 16oz bottles of water laying around.

Once he can establish comms, I can maybe give an update. His grandparents have a landline and stated they survived just fine.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    A guy who works for me is from PR, outside of San Juan.

His parents house is concrete with shutters and also has a generator and a small water tank. They are middle income and I assume that it is more common place to have those items. That said, if they can keep gasoline flowing maybe they can survive better than your average US home that has no generator and a few 16oz bottles of water laying around.

Once he can establish comms, I can maybe give an update. His grandparents have a landline and stated they survived just fine.
    I hope they are well, good news. If those who don't have any of that decide they want it, I assume they're fuc^#d unless security and stability established quickly.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Apparently i was wrong however, is they did vote in favor of statehood last time:

https://www.theatlantic.com/news/arc...tehood/529941/

Interesting how little press that got. Seems to be a rather big deal. No doubt they voted for it because they're a mess and dead broke, etc, but vote in favor they did.
    Roger that Will, I'm okay with helping get them back on their feet, then I say cut them loose...regardless of how they vote.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

Donald Trump Jr. should just buy the island of PR; turn into one giant T R U M P resort, hire all the inhabitants put them to work, have Elon Musk clone some dinosaurs and open an exclusive Jurassic Park for a higher VIP membership. Done and done.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 09-22-17 at 05:32.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Donald Trump Jr. should just buy the island of PR; turn into one giant T R U M P resort, hire all the inhabitants put them to work, have Elon Musk clone some dinosaurs and open an exclusive Jurassic Park for a higher VIP membership. Done and done.
    George Soros should just buy the entire state of Texas; turn into one giant A N T I F A training area, hire all the inhabitants put them to work, have Michael Moore produce a movie about Cowboys and open an exclusive theme park for a higher VIP membership. Done and done.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast