Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best BackUp Bolt Cam Pin to Keep as Backup

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Howdy,

I too keep a 93R for quick deployment. This served me well in the jungles of South Antarctica. A 93R is much easier to shoot while rappelling from a Bell Jetranger than an AR15. Most people don't understand that because they are not qualified to perform such missions but Gecko45 would back me up. I know his mall security uses Bell Jetrangers to insert into DZs. HTH

FWIW, I always bring all of my rifles whenever I go to any sort of match but if it's just the range then no. I have never brought a spare BCG I because I don't have one that isn't already in a rifle.
    I carried the 93r on my last Antarctic jungle rotation. Like any real operator, I only use KY for lube (because harbor seals endorse it), but I found the 93R to be unreliable in these circumstances, so I would usually S-3 operate in operations with two 93R's and a giant Rambo knife. This setup worked well whenever I had to fight tigers, even though just kicking them in the face usually worked, too.

I don't own a spare cam pin, but I have a couple spare bolts. I buy a new cam pin when the one in the gun is worn and don't really sweat it, because I don't think I've ever seen one break. I should probably check mine on the next deep clean.

I wonder if worn cam pins/cam pin slots contribute to that gouge that upper receivers get?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I keep a spare cam pin, and gas rings inside my pistol grips. They are super cheap at my LGS.
    I also keep a little packet of lube inside the pistol grip Never needed those things, and the motor oil I use in my bolts never seems to dry up, but it gives me peace of mind always having them with the gun. At some point I'll toss spare bolts in the pistol grips as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234