Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st female to graduate USMC infantry officer course

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Not arguing for females in combat arms at all. I think it is a bad idea for myriad reasons. Just trying to head off the 'they let her pass' stuff that normally follows.
    Not saying you were. The point has to be made. If these bleeding heart, politically correct, everyone should be the same types looked at it as it was their money wasted and businesses to lose....oh who I'm I kidding....they still wouldn't get it!

Does anyone know if the standards were the same for these women and the men?

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good for her, especially if legit.

Awaiting standardization of Physical fitness requirements that are not gender specific and scaled, since we're all truly equals now, especially as we all await the first shemale officers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    3/4 is a waste of time too, from a business perspective. Graduating isn't success (from your argument standpoint, not to diminish the accomplishment), it's the process. Success will be measured in the field.

Just my opinion as an outsider.
    You can't get to the field if you can't make it through the training. And 3 out of 4 making it is way better anyway you look at it then 1 in 31 making it. Think about that. 75 out of 100 men make it through training, 75%. In school that's a passing grade. 3 out of 100 women make it, 3%. They don't even put that on a report card in the world we live in today.

I'm not a sexist or anti women or girls. I have a very smart wife....smarter then me. Been a nurse about 26 years. I couldn't do that. Now she's on our VFD EMT crew. Doing the EMT training then paramedic....not for me.

We also have two daughters, they got her brains. If they wanted to join the military I'd be all for it. There's a ton of stuff they could do. If they told me they wanted to be combat infantry officers, I'd tell them to try to be helicopter or jet pilots or something else. Of course they don't have to listen to me. They're young adults....but adults nonetheless.

If our son wanted to be in combat infantry, which he might (talks about USMC), still in high school. I'd tell him to go for it if he wants to.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    Good for her, especially if legit.

Awaiting standardization of Physical fitness requirements that are not gender specific and scaled, since we're all truly equals now, especially as we all await the first shemale officers.
    That may or may not be a good thing. They could leave the standards where they are and say to play you must make the grade we have or go home. Or and I fear, they'll lower them for all involved and continue with the complete pussification of our society....military included. Hope I'm wrong.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    Even if all that's true, you have to go with the odds. A 1 in 31 success rate, if you ran a business that produced a product or provided a service and were only successful 1 in 31 times....you'd be out of business.

If one group has 1 in 31 success rate it's a total waste of time and resources when another group does the same thing with a 3 in 4 success rate.

NYH1.
    Guess it's time to shut down BUD/S. Only a 33% graduation rate. Obviously not worth the time and energy expended in doing it.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Good for her, that's quite the accomplishment. Especially if the standards were no different than the men's standards.

It's no secret that less than .5 percent of woman could do it. Does t take away from her personal accomplishment, but it's not like it changes anything in the grand scheme of things.

Anyone deluding themselves that men and woman are "equal" is just naive and ignoring reality. We are vastly different physically and mentally and we should embrace and celebrate those differences, use them in a mutually beneficial fashion instead of trying to be the same and ignoring the reality of what and who we are.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Guess it's time to shut down BUD/S. Only a 33% graduation rate. Obviously not worth the time and energy expended in doing it.
    BUD/S graduation rate is about 15%.

Keep the standards the same, put some women in the pipeline and get back to us with those graduation rates. Prolly have a better chance of starting at cornerback for Alabama next season.

NYH1.
    Last edited by NYH1; 09-22-17 at 01:55.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12