Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st female to graduate USMC infantry officer course

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

1st female to graduate USMC infantry officer course

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I ever so much want her to be a Mexican chick with a pearl handled beretta.

Bonus points,if her name is Vasquez

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Wait wait wait

When did you come back Firefly? I had almost given up on this site.

As to the thread, Donny O'Malley made a Youtube video about this a while back. I about broke a rib the first time I saw it.

Good for her for passing IOC. Now she gets the privilege of attempting to lead a platoon of disgruntled 03's while trying to keep her body intact. She'll likely look back on IOC with longing in the months to come.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    O.03% pass rate by preselected women to pass a course intended to what,
    Weed out 50% of the men?

With a shorter shelf life, higher injury rate, etc. Among purely objective criteria and several detrimental subjective and other intrinsics.

Success!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    She won't last a year in a platoon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    O.03% pass rate by preselected women to pass a course intended to what,
    Weed out 50% of the men?

With a shorter shelf life, higher injury rate, etc. Among purely objective criteria and several detrimental subjective and other intrinsics.

Success!
    The article said it had a 25% failure rate, up to this point all men obviously.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This from another forum:

I heard some talk from some Marines who were in her company at TBS. They used phrases like "stone cold badass" and "in better shape than most of the company".

Yep. My inside sources say her progression and success is totally legit. The Corps has done it right.

Both guys are serving Marine Officers to the best of my knowledge.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    This from another forum:

I heard some talk from some Marines who were in her company at TBS. They used phrases like "stone cold badass" and "in better shape than most of the company".

Yep. My inside sources say her progression and success is totally legit. The Corps has done it right.

Both guys are serving Marine Officers to the best of my knowledge.
    Even if all that's true, you have to go with the odds. A 1 in 31 success rate, if you ran a business that produced a product or provided a service and were only successful 1 in 31 times....you'd be out of business.

If one group has 1 in 31 success rate it's a total waste of time and resources when another group does the same thing with a 3 in 4 success rate.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    Even if all that's true, you have to go with the odds. A 1 in 31 success rate, if you ran a business that produced a product or provided a service and were only successful 1 in 31 times....you'd be out of business.

If one group has 1 in 31 success rate it's a total waste of time and resources when another group does the same thing with a 3 in 4 success rate.

NYH1.
    Not arguing for females in combat arms at all. I think it is a bad idea for myriad reasons. Just trying to head off the 'they let her pass' stuff that normally follows.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post

NYH1.
    3/4 is a waste of time too, from a business perspective. Graduating isn't success (from your argument standpoint, not to diminish the accomplishment), it's the process. Success will be measured in the field.

Just my opinion as an outsider.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast