Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Garand Thumb Rebuttal

Feedback Score

Garand Thumb Rebuttal

Hey guys,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was watching a GT video and hey said it is ILLEGAL to use the mil-spec buffer tube on an AR pistol build.

As far as I know, this is false.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT5Ai-rJwjI

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    Hey guys,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was watching a GT video and hey said it is ILLEGAL to use the mil-spec buffer tube on an AR pistol build.

As far as I know, this is false.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT5Ai-rJwjI

Using a regular buffer tube designed to accept a stock is not illegal.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Dang......thought this was going to have M1 content.

The guy in the video is ignorant
    Last edited by hk_shootr; 09-21-17 at 16:07.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Using a regular buffer tube designed to accept a stock is not illegal.
    Can you clarify....I haven't even looked into this as I have an SBR but was thinking about building a 2nd 10.5 or 11.5....Is it legal to use a mil spec collapsible stock tube on an AR pistol and just install a pistol brace on the tube? Honestly I'd be afraid I'd get charged with constructive intent as I sometimes swap stocks on my ARs so I typically have 2 stocks sitting around that aren't in use.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by adh View Post
    Can you clarify....I haven't even looked into this as I have an SBR but was thinking about building a 2nd 10.5 or 11.5....Is it legal to use a mil spec collapsible stock tube on an AR pistol and just install a pistol brace on the tube? Honestly I'd be afraid I'd get charged with constructive intent as I sometimes swap stocks on my ARs so I typically have 2 stocks sitting around that aren't in use.
    If you at any time have a receiver extension attached to your AR pistol that is able to accept a butt stock and have access to a butt stock (spare laying about or even on another AR) that fits on it and get caught with both, it can be constructive intent and go straight to jail, do not pass go.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 09-21-17 at 16:27. Reason: Constructive intent not destructive...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Just because something is legal doesn't make it a good idea, IMHO...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    Dang......thought this was going to have M1 content.

The guy in the video is ignorant
    I like Mike overall and he did acknowledge the facts when I brought it up to him. I'm sure he'll get around to issuing a correction -or he should -but he's busy w/ his duties in the Air Force. However, I couldn't let it go either.

Yeah, I don't have an extra buttstock laying about. The constructive intent thing bugs me, but it's the law, because if you own multiple *rifles* are you not supposed to experiment and try new stocks? It's all bullshit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Just because something is legal doesn't make it a good idea, IMHO...
    Why would it be a bad idea?

The way I see it, it allows you to SBR in the future rather than just waste money buying different tubes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    I like Mike overall and he did acknowledge the facts when I brought it up to him. I'm sure he'll get around to issuing a correction -or he should -but he's busy w/ his duties in the Air Force. However, I couldn't let it go either.

Yeah, I don't have an extra buttstock laying about. The constructive intent thing bugs me, but it's the law, because if you own multiple *rifles* are you not supposed to experiment and try new stocks? It's all bullshit.
    Devil's Advocate response:
    If you own multiple *rifles*, why do you need to experiment with different butt stocks on a pistol?

Feedback Score
    The whole thing is dumb... If you have multiple ARs, constructive intent is always there as you can simply swap uppers and lowers. Silly really

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast