Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Garand Thumb Rebuttal

Feedback Score
    Wouldn't the idea of constructive possession put any title one dealer who happens to sell ARs in both rifle and pistol configurations, as well as accessories such as VFGs etc in jeapoardy of being prosecuted of dealing in NFA items without paying the SOT? I wouldn't think so but that is where the constructive intent/possession argument ultimately leads. Has a Title 1 dealer anywhere been successfully prosecuted for constructive possession? Or does the concept only apply to an end user?
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    Hey guys,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was watching a GT video and hey said it is ILLEGAL to use the mil-spec buffer tube on an AR pistol build.

As far as I know, this is false.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT5Ai-rJwjI
    It is false. As long as it does not have a stock attached, it is perfectly legal. There are even cheek rest kits that attach to standard mil-spec buffer tubes. Now, there was a new memo from the ATF about how mounting a brace/support can constitute an AR "pistol" as a SBR. Read page 2, 3rd paragraph.

https://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/w...al-3.21.17.pdf
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    It is false. As long as it does not have a stock attached, it is perfectly legal. There are even cheek rest kits that attach to standard mil-spec buffer tubes. Now, there was a new memo from the ATF about how mounting a brace/support can constitute an AR "pistol" as a SBR. Read page 2, 3rd paragraph.

https://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/w...al-3.21.17.pdf
    That letter does not offer much clarity, and is quite ambiguous as to whether or not you've made an SBR by attaching a brace to a pistol. To sum it up, we can F you up if we want to, and there is nothing you can do about it.
    Colt > BCM

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Seems to me an AR pistol with a rifle extension would fall in the same category as a PO 8 Luger, Browning HP or Broom handle Mauser. All had provisions to attach a shoulder stock.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Click bait title, came here to see "Uncle Larry" aka Mr. Larry Vickers respond to Garand Thumb's CZ P-10C YouTube video.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Or, not even assembling your rifle until you get your stamp. There's some cheap and impatient people in this world...
    My only reason to bother with a pistol configuration is to make sure that the lower, which one is about to sink month and almost a year wait into, actually functions without issue before the wait/stamp/engraving/build. Hasn't happened to my yet, but I have read about out of spec lowers from quality mfgs. Pretty sure that everyone stumbles at some point. I'd hate to be the guy that finds the stumble after spending all that time waiting.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    My only reason to bother with a pistol configuration is to make sure that the lower, which one is about to sink month and almost a year wait into, actually functions without issue before the wait/stamp/engraving/build. Hasn't happened to my yet, but I have read about out of spec lowers from quality mfgs. Pretty sure that everyone stumbles at some point. I'd hate to be the guy that finds the stumble after spending all that time waiting.
    This. Or configure it as a rifle to test function. Of course, once a rifle, never a pistol.
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score
    Who is this Garand Thumb of which we speak?

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    Of course, once a rifle, never a pistol.
    This is not so
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    This is not so
    Oh, has the ATF FTB reversed this? If so, please link to the clarification letter. Thanks!
    Colt > BCM

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast