Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: H&K wants to become an "ethical" firearms company...

Feedback Score

H&K wants to become an "ethical" firearms company...

They must be making a helluva lot of profit elsewhere:

"This means that H&K has become the first arms company in the world to have a more moral arms export policy than its own government (the German Economy Ministry declined to offer a statement or interview partner in time for this article) - and will not be selling weapons to Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, and even Turkey (despite its membership in*NATO), or any African country.

Not only that, the company has even agreed to "seriously discuss" the possibility of setting up a "victims' fund" for families who had been killed with H&K weapons - which would also be unprecedented among the world's gun-makers. Details about how that would work remain unclear, however."

http://www.dw.com/en/heckler-koch-qu...ker/a-40316221
    Last edited by Slater; 09-22-17 at 09:37.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    They are trying to go full PC on this. You can't do both imo. You cannot make some of the best fighting weapons in the world, and then apologize when they are used for their intended purpose, right or wrong. The responsibility lies with the consumer imo, not the manufacturer.

The moral export I guess I understand, but they have also deemed the US civilian market as not a good place to sell some of their firearms also. I don't know.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    If only the US would stop doing arms deals with nations that support terrorism

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Lot of guilt goings on over there evidently.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So, they getting all Alfred Nobel on us.

Didn't they stop "selling" weapons to conflict zones before? Also, does this increase availability of their guns to me? cuz if this means more for me I am all for it.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When I read about this they mentioned that sales of firearms to Israel would also stop.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/0...-among-others/

Heckler & Koch, the German weapons manufacturer whose guns are estimated to have killed more than 2 million people since the company was founded in 1949, has quietly adopted the most ethical sales policy of any gunmaker in the world.

The company has pledged no longer to sell arms into warzones or to countries that violate corruption and democracy standards, including Saudi Arabia, Israel, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, or any African countries.
    Kinda feels wrong to me on that one...
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Pakistan and others have manufactured the G3 rifle (and maybe other guns?) under license. Wonder how that is supposed to work out?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." Doc Holliday

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    When I read about this they mentioned that sales of firearms to Israel would also stop.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/0...-among-others/

Heckler & Koch, the German weapons manufacturer whose guns are estimated to have killed more than 2 million people since the company was founded in 1949, has quietly adopted the most ethical sales policy of any gunmaker in the world.

The company has pledged no longer to sell arms into warzones or to countries that violate corruption and democracy standards, including Saudi Arabia, Israel, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, or any African countries.
    Kinda feels wrong to me on that one...
    Sounds islamophobic, anti-Semitic, and racist to me.

Izhmash is truly the world's multi-cultural arms dealer. Taste the rainbow H&K!
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Kinda weird to accept "responsibility" of the misuse of their guns but they aren't going out of business.

Besides, screw Saudi Arabia and Turkey.

I will say this....more people using AKs and other grossly obsolete guns make life easier down the road.

JMO

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast