Thread: Strange question

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Strange question

Anyone know if a .45 auto rim will fit in a 50 GI magazine?
    Playing with the idea of thumb loading 45 AR into my revolver.

john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting idea.

My gut says no though since I want to say the the .50GI rim is the same as .45ACP.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Interesting idea.

My gut says no though since I want to say the the .50GI rim is the same as .45ACP.
    I think the rim IS the same as .45ACP. However, because the case itself is bigger, I was wondering if the actual magazine was wide enough to accept the AR rim?

john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know what you mean. But, from what I am thinking, the auto rim would probably hang out wider than the .50Gl at it's fattest, and if, IF, the mag is tapered then it will not be able to seat. I'd pull up the dimensions for the .50GI, and see if at its widest it is wider or as wide as the Auto rim. If it is not then we know it a no go. If they are the same side, I'd then be looking at a mag to see how it is dimensioned. At least that is my thoughts after four beers and a heavy dinner. I do hope it helps at least a little.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    You might also have problems with the rims crossing over each other in the cartridge stack and binding up.