Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burger Thread

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Burger Thread

Things have been too serious lately.

And since it is summer time, or close to it, and America's ass keeps getting fatter so what the hell. Burger thread! Also, I couldn't find one prior though I tried, burgers, grilling, I couldn't find shit.

Anyway, one of my several pleasures is grilling, usually steaks and burgers, though chicken, shrimp and other delicious foods to make it to the hot coals.

Anyway, a monstrous man burger that was grilled.

Specs on the burger.

grill toasted onion roll.

Bacon, lots of bacon.

hand made burger, seasoned with various seasonings, including Lea and Perrins Bold steak sauce in the mix(main ingredient is their Worcester sauce so it like that just more flavor than just using the Worcester sauce.) grilled over charcoal(the only proper way to do it in my opinion since with the lid down I can get a slight smoke ring in the meat.)

Cooper sharp cheese(melts wonderfully, and if the smoke in the grill is heavy enough will even take on a dark tint from the smoke.)

A thin sliced ribeye steak. Yes, there be a steak on that burger. Because America! And because the things were in the freezer for like 2 months.

Under the bun, unfortunately angle sucks, is an onion ring and some jalapenos.

So what burgers have you guys been doing?

P.S.
    Sorry for all you poor bastards on diets.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Holy shit, man...That looks DELICIOUS!

I'd be on that like a fat guy on a delicious burger.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I love me some burgers, but I don't really eat them anymore. Wheat messes me up, and a bun-less burger might as well be meatloaf.

Occasionally I'll cheat and get one at a restaurant somewhere. I usually pay the price for a couple days, but it's worth it once and a while.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I had a burger a while back that changed me forever. Half pound burger. Slice of ham. Bacon. Pulled pork. Pile of fried onions. All between a bun. My god.

Feedback Score

Burger Thread

When I make my special burgers, I always add smoked paprika, some finely chopped onions, mushrooms, and jalapeño, an envelope of Lipton Onion Soup mix, a few squirts of soy sauce, and some finely chopped fresh parsley. I mix it into the raw meat and let sit in the fridge for at least two hours. Then form pattys and let sit on counter so you cook at room temperature.

Top it with sharp cheddar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 05-04-17 at 15:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    I love me some burgers, but I don't really eat them anymore. Wheat messes me up, and a bun-less burger might as well be meatloaf.

Occasionally I'll cheat and get one at a restaurant somewhere. I usually pay the price for a couple days, but it's worth it once and a while.
    Thank you.

It would kill me if I couldn't eat wheat, I am huge on good breads, not so much the gummy white that you get in the store. Been known to work my way through a loaf of good bread in a day or two.

That said, the burgers I make are ones of the few I could eat without a bun, I got them seasoned enough that I really enjoy them though a lot that I have gotten out, without the bun would be just that meatloaf, in fact one that a friend used to get down at the club I called meatloaf on a bun since it was at least a pound of beef.

As far as meatloaf, the way we do it in the house is a 50/50 mix of ground beef and sausage with some breadcrumbs in there to hold it all together. That is always fairly popular especially in the winter months with mashed potatoes and gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I had a burger a while back that changed me forever. Half pound burger. Slice of ham. Bacon. Pulled pork. Pile of fried onions. All between a bun. My god.
    Sounds like an interesting burger. I tried a hotdog once with pull pork and cheese and a little dribble of BBQ sauce. Didn't personally care for it, but good pulled pork on a burger I think has merit. I joke about opening a burger joint and doing something like that, basically a burger with bacon and every pork product I can come up with, name it the Infidel Burger. I'd probably make the news from the protests.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I've had a burger exactly like that but it also had fried batter dipped shrimp on it. I was barely able to eat it all and I couldn't touch the fries. It was called "Bigfoot's mother-in-law" at a restaurant named Copper River Grill in Nicholasville, KY.

I grilled a 1 pound Bison burger once - it nearly killed me, but it was worth it!

Feedback Score
    This thread just cemented my dinner plans tonight, with brown sugar candied bacon and sharp cheddar. mmmmmm
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Damn you guys! Now this is a thread that I can sink my teeth into!

Oh damn but now I'm hungry!

Feedback Score
    The best burger I ever had was the buffalo burger at the O.K. Cafe in Tombstone Arizona:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...e_Arizona.html

I don't know what they do to it. After all, you can buy buffalo patties at Wal-Mart. But the ones at the O.K. Cafe were 100 times tastier.

Other burgers I've loved:

1. Slim Pickens from Farley's

They ask you how you want it cooked, and the meat is always perfect. It's just a basic burger but man is it good!

2. Jumbo burger from Rosie's Cafe in Las Cruces, New Mexico

I don't get there very often, but if ever there was a burger that tasted homemade, it's this one.

3. Bob's Burgers in Albuquerque, New Mexico

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Location...ew_Mexico.html

It's gooey. It's sticky. It's messy. If you don't wolf it down like a starving man getting his first meal this week it will get soggy. But DAMN, that Ranchero Burger with the green chili sauce is absolutely the tastiest southwest-style burger I've ever eaten. I only wish it weren't more than a 4-hour drive away.

4. (Honorable Mention): Ruby Tuesday

Not as good as the entries above, but Ruby Tuesday does have several burgers that are decent.

And, here are the burgers that are flat out Godawful:

1. Whopper from Burger King

In the days when they really did make it fresh it was maybe the best fast food burger on the market. Then the day came when Burger King decided to imitate McDonalds and it has sucked ever since.

2. Whataburger

There is a reason they slather their burgers with lots of mustard. Try ordering one without mustard someday and see what I mean. Yuuuuuuuck.

3. Carl's Junior

It never, ever, ever, never, ever looks like the burger on TV. See Burger King above. Oh, and it's overpriced too.

4. McDonalds

How people can't sue for false advertising for McDonalds calling this food, I'll never know. They do make good fries, though.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast