Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports now fully engaged in politics

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The most relevant part of this will be appreciated by me and apparent to only a few when my grandchildren ask
    "Grandpa, what was football?"
    Then and only then will they have achieved the goal of even further dividing our Nation.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This is just one of a dozen videos I've seen on social media of die-hard fans literally torching their SEASON TICKETS, $200 jerseys, etc.

They wanted woke, well they got people woke lol.

I haven't seen the average sheep this woke since Obama attempted to normalize gender dysphoria and put men in the girl's room.

Keep at it NFL!

If I was a team owner I'd be shitting kittens since Sunday and seek treatment for my stomach ulcers.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 09-26-17 at 14:44.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I love people who like the symbols of freedom, more than the acts of freedom themselves.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I love people who like the symbols of freedom, more than the acts of freedom themselves.
    How are the people taking a knee instead of standing for the National Anthem more "free" than those who refuse to honor the Players or the NFL by watching the game?
    If it upsets you quit watching the games, quit purchasing anything the advertiser's are selling.
    Free yourselves from the BS and drama and get on with your life.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    If I was a team owner I'd be shitting kittens since Sunday and seek treatment for my stomach ulcers.
    And this is why I think all of these morons joined the Social Martyrs Brigade 96ish hours ago after standing on the sidelines as disinterested bystanders: Trump's clarion call to ownership can affect their bottom dollar.

As the old saying goes, people vote with their wallet.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Maybe write them a letter? This is all I could find for them searching via phone:

NFL

345 Park Ave, New York, New York 10017

(212) 450-2000

http://www.nfl.com/

Broadcasting & Media Production Company · Sports & Recreation · Sports Club

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    How are the people taking a knee instead of standing for the National Anthem more "free" than those who refuse to honor the Players or the NFL by watching the game?
    If it upsets you quit watching the games, quit purchasing anything the advertiser's are selling.
    Free yourselves from the BS and drama and get on with your life.
    Did I hit a nerve somewhere?

People are getting pissed that athletes are now protesting everything once Trump took office, when Kaepernick started the whole thing to protest inequality and Police brutality against blacks. It's lost it's original meaning now that everyone is doing it to appear "concerned about the direction" we are going as a Country under Trump. Whatever.

The whole "Unity" thing that happened over the weekend with the players and the owners is in direct response to Trump calling out owners for not "firing" their players for what he assumes are anthem protests. Then he called the NFL out on how it's failing. One thing that will make billionaires stand up and act a certain way is questioning their value. Hence the lock arms with muh players thing. It's all a big act.

Trump needs to have his twitter taken away or proofread by someone though. He's a moody teenager on there and it does make him look terrible as a leader.

My post is in response to people taking issue with these protests in general. It's their freedom to do so, as it's your freedom to stop supporting them for doing it. Just don't get it twisted on what the deals really are.

Also if you are burning jerseys, the joke is on you you already paid the NFL for them. It's kind of a white people's version of a riot and protest lol
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    No one cares about disrespecting the flag until someone has a message they don’t like. We have been disrespecting the flag and the national anthem for years. So many times the flag code is blatantly broken but no one cares, so many times people are ordering beers and hot dogs while the anthem is playing, so many times people at home are sitting on their couch. No one cares.

People suddenly care because someone is taking a knee in a very peaceful way because he wanted to speak out about racial issues in this country. Everyone around here yells and screams when protests are disruptive by blocking traffic or the like and say those people need to protest in a less disruptive and peaceful way. Now a guy is doing just that and you bring out some bs about he is disrespecting this country, the troops, the flag, or whatever kind of crap you want to say when in reality you just don’t like what he is talking about.

Protesting is one of the most American things you can do. In order to have a protest accomplish anything it has to be somewhat disruptive. If someone protests where no one can see or hear then it is pointless. What Kaepernick and others did by taking a knee is one of the least disruptive and disrespectful ways you can possibly protest and instead all these right wing snowflakes lose their minds. You can’t say you love America and disagree with someone protesting at the same time. Sure it can’t protect them from being fired, and it shouldn’t, but to act like it goes against what this country stands for is total crap.

Protesting doesn’t mean you hate this country, it means you love this country and want to make it better. Forcing people to be blindly patriotic and refusing to admit that there are issues in this country that need addressing isn’t freedom, that is closer to fascism.

I don’t personally care about the protests but I see where they are coming from and respect their right to do so, especially when it doesn’t change my life in the slightest. Anyone here who rails against outrage culture and is in turn outraged at such a tame protest needs to take a hard look in the mirror because hypocrisy isn’t limited to the left.
    You're correct. The left doesn't have a monopoly on hypocrisy, but you do have a certain way with it that defies definition, and not in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    They do have some legit complains, no question about is, but when you say {Y'all} here , it is painting with a pretty broad brush. Also the high rates of violence among NFL players doesn't seem to bother them either. Spouses and girlfriends of NFL players are in a lot more danger from them than from cops.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...g-nfl-players/
    This is what we're talking about. Not a single liberal has come up with a single effort to combat and control the epidemic violence in the liberal inner cities where black on black crime is FAR more of a threat to black lives than the police. Not a single NFL official or liberal leader has come up with an effective means to combat the disproportionate rates of off-field violence perpetrated by NFL players, often against women in domestic relationships. Their houses are filthy, yet they want to school us on how we think by disrespecting our values and service to our country? Like I said, not a monopoly, just an incredibly offensive way to demonstrate liberal hypocrisy.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    No one cares about disrespecting the flag until someone has a message they don’t like. We have been disrespecting the flag and the national anthem for years. So many times the flag code is blatantly broken but no one cares, so many times people are ordering beers and hot dogs while the anthem is playing, so many times people at home are sitting on their couch. No one cares.

People suddenly care because someone is taking a knee in a very peaceful way because he wanted to speak out about racial issues in this country. Everyone around here yells and screams when protests are disruptive by blocking traffic or the like and say those people need to protest in a less disruptive and peaceful way. Now a guy is doing just that and you bring out some bs about he is disrespecting this country, the troops, the flag, or whatever kind of crap you want to say when in reality you just don’t like what he is talking about.

Protesting is one of the most American things you can do. In order to have a protest accomplish anything it has to be somewhat disruptive. If someone protests where no one can see or hear then it is pointless. What Kaepernick and others did by taking a knee is one of the least disruptive and disrespectful ways you can possibly protest and instead all these right wing snowflakes lose their minds. You can’t say you love America and disagree with someone protesting at the same time. Sure it can’t protect them from being fired, and it shouldn’t, but to act like it goes against what this country stands for is total crap.

Protesting doesn’t mean you hate this country, it means you love this country and want to make it better. Forcing people to be blindly patriotic and refusing to admit that there are issues in this country that need addressing isn’t freedom, that is closer to fascism.

I don’t personally care about the protests but I see where they are coming from and respect their right to do so, especially when it doesn’t change my life in the slightest. Anyone here who rails against outrage culture and is in turn outraged at such a tame protest needs to take a hard look in the mirror because hypocrisy isn’t limited to the left.
    Excellent post man.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    You're correct. The left doesn't have a monopoly on hypocrisy, but you do have a certain way with it that defies definition, and not in a good way.
    Please point out where my opinions are hypocritical, I would love to see that so I can correct it.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast