Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports now fully engaged in politics

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This stuff will end the day stadiums are 1/2 to 3/4 empty and the home viewers watch something else in protest of these players.

Someone needs to organize an NFL boycott week. No attendance at games, no watching TV, calls to sponsors, for a week.

I don't care enough for the NFL to do so, but, that is what is needed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    If that dudes jerseys aren't sold out by next week, something is wrong.

"I've just got like, this 5.56 okay? And it's 55 grain ball. And everybody I've ever seen shot with it, it dicks them up."

---Clint Smith
    Thunder Ranch

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ational-anthem

There you go, highest selling gear in the past 24 hours.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    This stuff will end the day stadiums are 1/2 to 3/4 empty and the home viewers watch something else in protest of these players.

Someone needs to organize an NFL boycott week. No attendance at games, no watching TV, calls to sponsors, for a week.

I'm seeing posts of folks shredding tickets on FB. Not memes, friends!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    I'm seeing posts of folks shredding tickets on FB. Not memes, friends!
    Man quits stadium job after national anthem protests
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/25/na...employee-quits
    A man who worked at the Buffalo Bills' stadium has quit his job in response to players protesting during the national anthem,*WGRZ*reports.*

The*man, Erich*Nikischer, had worked at his job for almost 30 years.*

“I waited until the national anthem ended, I took off my shirt, threw my Bills hat on the ground, walked out,” Nikischer told WGRZ.*

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

It will never end.

The left has an agenda to transform this country.

This is only the latest campaign in their long war to destroy what made this country great and replace it with their leftist regime.

They will never, ever, EVER give up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For those of you who don’t know, Rush’s favorite team is the Steelers.

Opening monologue:

But if you’ll permit me first, I was personally saddened. I did not watch the National Football League yesterday, and it was the first time in 45 years that I made an active decision not to watch, including my team, the Pittsburgh Steelers. It was not a decision made in anger. It was genuine sadness. I realized that I can no longer look at this game and watch this game and study this game and pretend, you know, fantasize, everything a fan does. This whole thing has removed for me the ingredients that are in the recipe that make up a fan.

That kind of corruption, sometimes it’s fast and overnight; sometimes it’s creeping. This has been creeping, but it took a big leap over the weekend. Why did I not watch the Steelers? Well, when I found out that the coach said a word I’m having trouble here relating. He said, “I need to protect my players.”

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...gue-on-sunday/
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 09-25-17 at 15:31.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    The problem is that most of the ignorant masses will think that he in not a team player because he is not supporting the rest of the team.......
    Except he did support his team. A team that actually makes a real difference in the world. A team FAR greater than the Steelers will ever be. That's my take as a Steelers fan and U.S. Marine.

BTW, Mike Tomlin can KMA!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Except he did support his team. A team that actually makes a real difference in the world. A team FAR greater than the Steelers will ever be.
    A. M. E. N.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Okay... okay. (Directed towards myself, no one in the previous comments)

I originally had resisted from posting in here, for a couple reasons.

One, this debate IS heated, and I know most of us have similar beliefs, but many of you won't agree with my statement and rhetoric.
    Secondly, this will be damn near a rant. I know it.

Growing up, I did not stand for the National Anthem; I did not stand for the Pledge.
    I had felt, growing up, that I was systematically used by my government.

I was at higher risk for a truancy officer showing up at my door, because my grade school was paid twice as much as the average student than I was, because of my Native American blood. I would be pulled from classrooms and forced into Native American Studies and Native social groups so I would "fit in" better. I don't know and understand these situations because of what "could" have happened, I have experienced a lot of this first hand.

Legally, I am a little more than 24.5 percent Minnesota Ojibwe, my actual blood quantum is over 25%, but because of the 1960s, my Grandmother burned documents to protect her family from being taken away and put into boarding schools designed for Native Children, I am right below the legal blood quantum limit to be accepted as a Native American with the Tribe. (On another topic, the tribe I would be a part of is so corrupt, multi-millions have "gone missing" in just the last 5 years. This is case number 5 where millions of dollars have gone missing in my lifetime.)

I hated government, I hated how I was forced to identify as Native, or Not. I hated that the school systems pressured me, families, and many others to "get to school" while countless others were left behind because there was a more "financially beneficial" groups of people to target, I mean: "Help", get to school so they get more money.

If I made it to school, it didn't matter if a white kid made it or not, the amount being paid for me, covered them.

This may, or may not, be other people's experiences, but this is mine. Some people would say I grew up in Systematic Racism; I say, I was a white kid growing up in a system that was being abused. I didn't get raised in that heritage, or language. It was always there, but it was never... "Mine".

Either way, and nonetheless, it was through these issues growing up, plus many others outside of the school system, that I stopped standing around third grade. This went on through highschool. I gained a lot of hate for this. I was compared to some pretty chitty people. I was told I was a commie, that I hated our country, that I was just doing it for attention.

Keep in mind, when these situations happened, it lasted 60 seconds, I sat quietly, respectfully, and never wanted to cause troubles. I knew that my freedom to not stand, could not inhibit those who did stand; in any way.

It was highschool, freshman year, when I was forcefully pulled from my auditorium seat pulled by my sleeve to the hallway where a teacher verbally berated me, insulted me, and argued with my "sense of entitlement". When I tried explaining my situation to him, he would angrily ignore my rhetoric, speak over me, berate me with anti-patriotic comments. Finally, I told him I would talk with him when all was done with our principal.

Needless to say, I saw a grown man's job and livelihood get threatened that day, for the very first time in my life. It was eye opening. It also saddened me, a lot.

I had debated that day heavily: Was I right? Was I wrong? Where do my feelings really lie?
    Some of you may expect that I changed my ways that day; I didn't. That would take another 4-5 years.

But, I knew for certain that day:
    There is a time, a place, a situation where ALL people feel slighted by their government. Short of Tyrannical, Anarchy, or Hate, it is an American's right to Freedom of Speech. It is an American's right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Ultimately, is their statement impacting people? I don't mean in the feels, I mean really impacting anyone?

I know mine, in the action, didn't impact anyone. The way it impacted others is when their curiosity was great enough to know why that action was being committed.

It took a very long time for my mentality to embrace the fact that America isn't represented by just Politicians, Policies, Situations, Historical Events; America is most represented by Us. Americans. I now stand for the pledge, and the anthem. Not because I agree, or disagree, with any of the aforementioned items. But because of one thing: Americans. I pledge my allegiance, because I want to be allied with every American, yes, even those on the opposite of political beliefs. I stand for that Anthem to respect soldiers and officers and public service members.

I only mention this whole rant for one reason, because: Your perspective is only yours. Someone's Pledge or Anthem, while materially the exact same, can represent so many varying topics.

TL;DR: I get why they're doing it. It is their American Right to do so as they choose. I just wish it wasn't happening over something so stupid like the NFL.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 09-25-17 at 15:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    The problem is that most of the ignorant masses will think that he in not a team player because he is not supporting the rest of the team.......
    The problem with those ignorant ass-f**ks is that he truly knows the meaning of team player in a sense that none of them ever will.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast