Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports now fully engaged in politics

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    Alejandro Villanueva is a beast... I'm sure he can handle his business if anyone takes issue with it.
    6'9" at 240# in the army, bulked up much more to play. Tabbed and a Scroll. Multiple deployments.

If he can't take care of himself in the locker room, no one can.

And the people who would have his back if anyone messed with him... Lotta guys with scrolls on their right shoulder out there

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't think the team is going to be beating him in the locker room or anything like that. Maybe some won't speak to him outside af the stadium but I just don't see any kinds of physical confrontations happening.

"Roethlisberger and several other players said they had no issue with Villanueva - "As a team we're behind him 100 percent," cornerback Joe Haden said."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/secure-...fsetDevice=amp

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Is Villanueva as close as we get to a counterpoint to the Kneelers? Why has no active player come out, and frankly use their freedom of expression, to counter this? There havet to be players that are against this. Funny how one person's free speech is silencing others.

Or at least juggle some bowling pins to protest the hatred against clowns because of the new 'It' movie. Where does it end?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Although I disagree with his perceptions....Julius Peppers chose to stay in the locker room instead of being a distraction on the sideline. Thomas Davis was actively praying on the sideline. I believe there are a few teams whose coaches/ownership request they all stand.

Feedback Score
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Interesting article about Charles Barkley and this thoughts on Confederate statues. This one is not going to be getting a lot of press......

He enlarged upon the subject:

“I’m 54 years old. I’ve never thought about those statues a day in my life. I think if you ask most black people to be honest, they ain’t thought a day in their life about those stupid statues. What we as black people need to do: we need to worry about getting our education, we need to stop killing each other, we need to try to find a way to have more economic opportunity and things like that. [...] I’m wasting my time and energy screaming at a neo-Nazi or [saying] ‘Man, you’ve got to take this statue down.’”

Full Article: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...m_outloud_opin
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I've said it before, grown men paid millions to play childrens games. To me it's as ridiculous as professional "Hide and Seek" or world championship hopscotch.

I can understand when it was once entertainment where a man could afford to take his entire family to watch the local team for the price of a movie, but it has just gotten stupid.
    Agree with this. I'm all for free markets, but I've been done with pro sports for many years. Just isn't worth it to me. Still enjoy amateur sports from time to time.

I do enjoy watching those who support others, like Watts. But these POS dredges whose only renewing value is they can catch a pass upside down or run the 40 in 3.7...I have no time for them these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    The problem is that most of the ignorant masses will think that he in not a team player because he is not supporting the rest of the team.......
    I don't know Doc...

Lots of people stirred up over this. As of 5 am, his jersey had already made it into the top 5 in sales.

The real tragedy is the fact those sales dollars will go to support the salaries of other assholes.

"I've just got like, this 5.56 okay? And it's 55 grain ball. And everybody I've ever seen shot with it, it dicks them up."

---Clint Smith
    Thunder Ranch

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    I don't know Doc...

Lots of people stirred up over this. As of 5 am, his jersey had already made it into the top 5 in sales.

The real tragedy is the fact those sales dollars will go to support the salaries of other assholes.

"I've just got like, this 5.56 okay? And it's 55 grain ball. And everybody I've ever seen shot with it, it dicks them up."

---Clint Smith
    Thunder Ranch
    Well I absolutely hope that you are correct. And you are correct in that the money is only going to the problem.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    The problem is that most of the ignorant masses will think that he in not a team player because he is not supporting the rest of the team.......
    He is supporting the correct team.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast