Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle to the death! CZP10 vs G19g5 vs M&P 2.0 Compact (starts on pg 6)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Benedict-Opti.../dp/0735213291

Greg, I love that Springfield. I am seriously considering buying one of their full sized custom models. Does it take Wilson mags OK? What do Springfield Customs prefer mag wise?
    Not Greg, but I have a LOT of time on a couple of Springfield Custom Carry pistols.

Dave Williams built both of mine 11 years ago or so, and if they're all like mine were:

They are not mag picky at all. Any functional mag will work fine with at least FMJ. Wilsons will usually toss most hollowpoints into a throated chamber.

They are built right with the barrel fit correctly and they have no timing or barrel spring issues. They will feed any SAAMI spec 45ACP that will likely encounter. You can mix and match pretty much any combination of main & recoil springs and they will run fine with whatever. Springs DO NOT affect timing on a 1911.

Run wet with a suitable lube and they will run for many cases of cheap range ammo for years and suffer no parts breakages or malfunctions. Mine were probably as reliable as my Beretta 92s which are by far my most reliable handguns.

Pros/Custom Carry are workhorse pistols that will stand up a lot of hard use and are, IME, much more durable and reliable than any plastic striker fired gun.

When I ordered mine they were less than $1700, I'm not sure I fork over the $3K they command now.
    Last edited by 17K; 01-14-18 at 11:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

They say we live in a Glock world. I'm taking the Benedict Option.
    Don't forget to shoot it on 01-23 in honor of John Browning's birthday.
    Last edited by Pi3; 01-15-18 at 18:25.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. I will try to pick up or order a Professional model or custom carry in the near future

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Hey Greg Bell:

How about a torture test of a Beretta PX4 Compact ?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Langdon just his 50K on his. Guy on another site hit 30k I believe on his Px4 45.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Langdon just his 50K on his. Guy on another site hit 30k I believe on his Px4 45.
    Well aware of Mr. Langdon's test. But I want to see Greg blow one up.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Send me one!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Send me one!

Send me a check

Feedback Score
    Hey guys I have been a member for a while but don’t think I have ever posted. Anyway I wanted to share my experience with the S&W M&P 2.0 C. I picked this gun up around the middle of November 2017. I went to the LGS to compare the G19 gen 5, P10C and the 2.0C with each other. The salesman said they didn’t get in any of the 2.0C’s yet, so it was between he Glock and CZ. I was leaning toward the CZ but it just felt cheap. I don’t know what it was exactly that made me feel that way. Maybe it was the slide milling and or slide finish. Anyway I liked the CZ but it had a really hard mag release which I had read would go away after some use. I was going to go to another store and check out their P10Cs when another salesperson said why don’t u look at the new 2.0 C. I was like I’d love to, but I thought you didn’t have any? Turns out they had just gotten 2 in that morning and I got to check them out. I loved the new grip texture and the price was like $150 less than the Glock and around the same as the CZ. I took home the 2.0C and it has ran flawless since. I have over 1,300 rounds through it with ZERO malfunctions. I love this gun but hate the hinged trigger. I plan on getting an Apex trigger soon, but can still shoot it pretty good stock. Anyway, if you are on the fence about getting one of these, I’d say go for it. It doesn’t have any abnormal wear anywhere as far as I can tell and will continue to be my EDC. Thanks, Marcus
    Last edited by mhmx233; 01-28-18 at 18:44.

Feedback Score
    I traded one of my beloved Beretta 92Gs to get the 2.0C. I only have 200 rounds through mine thus far. The accuracy was as good or better than I shoot with my 92G, which is saying a lot. It felt as though I couldn't miss with it. No malfunctions with both FMJ and coated lead bullets. This pistol is a winner!

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast