Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle to the death! CZP10 vs G19g5 vs M&P 2.0 Compact (starts on pg 6)

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Yeah, everyone makes the capacity vs concealment decision when choosing a pistol. The old timer with a wheel gun says " six are plenty for me " thinking the guy with the hi-cap 9mm pistol can't miss fast enough. There is no penality for having extra rounds in your gun or mags at your side, so if given the choice, I prefer to err on the side of having enough rather than maybe having to little ammo.
    Last edited by Biggy; 11-19-17 at 20:00.

Feedback Score
    More bullets in gun = more time in fight.

Seeing as most people will be pressing the trigger as fast as they can, and the average person can probably press the trigger 4 times a second, a 1911 in 45 Auto is a 2.25 second gun.

A Glock 19 is a 4 second gun.

What's the downside to having more solutions to a problem?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    CZ P10 2246 rounds fired, 1 malfunctions (Failure to extract/Tula @ ~2150), 1 cleaning at 2000 rounds.

G19 1468 rounds fired, ~1 malfunction (Premature lock back, possibly user induced), 0 cleanings

M&P 1372 rounds fired, 0 malfunctions, 0 cleanings

I actually took it pretty easy this week. I got a cold Friday night so I just sat in bed all Saturday and decided to shoot today, but I left my steel, the CZ and most of my accessories at home and just blasted and had a good old time. I didn’t really do any comparison shooting, just enjoyed my day. I blasted 500 rounds through the CZ and the SW on Friday and today. Nothing interesting except this..

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Basically, I was shooting three chucks of steel in the dirt at 50 yards. I felt the gun lock back and went for a reload when I noticed there was still a round in the mag. My guess is I rode the gun too high and pushed the slide release lever up too hard. This is the first time I have ever had this malfunction in any gun (that I can recall). There were three rounds left in the mag. I am going to put it down as a possible malfunction. I may remove it if it never happens again or it happens again and it is clearly my fault. Unfortunately it happened right as I was about to finished so I wasn’t able to shoot but about 20 more rounds after. I did notice a couple of iffy reloads with the G19 (fumbled inserts), but I am basically chalking them up to my half sick state.

I am hoping that all three guns will hit the 2000 round mark by Monday since I have some extra days off this week.

I did take some pictures of the Glock 19, CZ P10 and then Glock 17 to see the relative height of the guns.

Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Thanks for doing these threads- very interesting.

I had the same issue with the glock (bought used and came with factory extended slide release).
    I switched to a standard release and it hasn’t happened since. Never had it happen with the m&p either.
    That said, looks like your running a stock release, so I’m curious to see how it shakes out.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I keep clicking this thread hoping to hear about a gun funeral.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Just took my m&p 2.0 5 inch out today for the first time.

It'd accurate, but I was hitting low consistently. Tested against my vp9 and I was low with the m&p every time.

That grip does chew up dry hands after a hundred or so round though. Other than that, I do like it. But don't love it. Makes me want hk to make a vp9L to be honest.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My 2.0 Compact keeps chugging along, over 2,000 rounds now with 0 issues

Feedback Score
    Yesterday, while putting away a CZ P10C and a SW MP 2.0 Compact after a range trip, I noticed that the magazines for the CZ fit reasonably well into the MP and feed dummy rounds without any problems.

A trip to the range today demonstrated that the CZ mags function in the MP 2.0 Compact. I shot about 350 rounds through the MP using the CZ mags. The SW MP 2.0 Compact magazines do not fit the CZ P10C and the longer full size MP mags do not fit properly into the CZ.

I currently own and shoot all three of the pistols in question and for myself would rate them as follows:

#1 CZ P10C
    With the large backstrap and blacked-out rear sight dots, the pistol points and shoots best for me. It has terrific mechanical accuracy and a really good trigger. I get the best split times and accuracy from this pistol of the three. At longer ranges (20+ yards) the factory sights aren't the most precise and I plan to upgrade to Dawson Precision sights in the future.

#2 SW MP 2.0 Compact
    With the ML backstrap and blacked-out rear sight dots this pistol shoots well for me and has good mechanical accuracy. The trigger has a distinct and consistent break point without the mushy feel of earlier models. The reset is longish but discernible; although, I occasionally out run the reset or fail to fully let off the trigger to allow reset when shooting quickly. This trigger is a big improvement over past MP triggers. The sights are slightly nicer than the CZ having a better rear notch.

#3 Glock 19 Gen5
    With medium backstrap and factory plastic sights, it is functional and still shoots like a Glock, only better. It has possibly the best Glock factory trigger I've experienced so far and noticeably better accuracy than older generations I've shot. The cut out in the front of the grip is sometimes annoying and I plan to get the Pearce floor plates designed to fill the cut out. Ameriglo sights of some type are also planned. The Gen4 19 finger grooves fit my hand and I think allow a little better hold than on the Gen5 but the Gen5 shoots better and has more consistent ejection.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    There's a thread on P&S about observed issues with many late model 2.0s, primarily recoil spring breaking...
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    There's a thread on P&S about observed issues with many late model 2.0s, primarily recoil spring breaking...
    P&S?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast