Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle to the death! CZP10 vs G19g5 vs M&P 2.0 Compact (starts on pg 6)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm the guy on P-F that had the plating issue on the 43. My training 19 Gen5 did the same thing at the same round count (~4100).

Glock would not pay shipping, so I sent the parts to Robar for NP3.

Cool that the M&P beat Glock and CZ. I transitioned from Sig TDA to Glock about the time the 2.0 came out. I went Glock because the size of the 19 is better for me and the 43 goes well with it. I started with a 43 and a Gen4 19 and never could get it (the 19) to run right, traded it off for the Gen5 and was super happy with it for 2 1/2 months until the trigger went South.

If there had been an M&P 2.0C and Shield 2.0 last year I wouldn't own a Glock right now.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Up until the Gen 5 Glocks, BTF was fairly common and pretty much, the luck of the draw. I highly doubt the trigger bar finish flaking issues some people are having with their Gen 5 Glocks will be anything close to that, and we will see. I suspect someone doing the process of prepping/degreasing the trigger bars before the final finish operation screwed up. How many got to assembly, who knows. I look at it like, don't throw the baby out with the bath water, just get a properly finished trigger bar and keep shooting. For a little bit added to the price of the guns, I which they would have went with the internal components finish they are using on the FBI pistols.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I will say, other than the trigger weirdness I was happy with the gun. It had 1btf in 1800+ which could happen with any gun.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    It looks like Glock May want me to ship it to them. Apex trigger makes more sense unless I wait up until I am around Smyrna. I’ll call them and see tomorrow.
    I'm sitting on a Glock 19.5 with an extremely low round count that I really like so far. But the reports of plating on the trigger bar flaking off has me concerned.

Let us know what Glock has to say please.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Trigger bar flaking

This is nothing new in opinion. Happens with previous generations of Glocks, as the nickel plating wears with high round count. Solutions are replacement of trigger bar or a good polish job.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    This is nothing new in opinion. Happens with previous generations of Glocks, as the nickel plating wears with high round count. Solutions are replacement of trigger bar or a good polish job.

Agreed, nothing new about this, it has been happening on some trigger bars for years. Definitely not something overly worrisome. I have had it happen, with no real pattern. Some have happened quickly, some with high round counts, and some not at all. Only had one get heavier.

Most of the time, I feel the trigger getting gritty, different from just getting dirty. Check the bar during detail strip, bar flakes, replace and carry on, $17 bucks or so and your on your way. The problem is usually progressive, and won't cause an intimidate failure.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Get a NP3 coated bar. Much harder than nickel.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Robar’s NP3 finish is an electroless nickel-based finish for steel, stainless steel and aluminum alloys that co-deposits sub-micron particles of PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene), otherwise known as Teflon™, with electroless nickel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes and they heat treat and it has same hardness as chromium. So harder than nickel plate alone.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    For those looking to pick up a few extra spare parts for your Gen 5 Glocks, MGW currently has complete Glock Gen 5 striker assemblies in stock , the Gen 5 trigger bars sold out in 30 minutes :

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/39327

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast