Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle to the death! CZP10 vs G19g5 vs M&P 2.0 Compact (starts on pg 6)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Agreed, nothing new about this, it has been happening on some trigger bars for years. Definitely not something overly worrisome. I have had it happen, with no real pattern. Some have happened quickly, some with high round counts, and some not at all. Only had one get heavier.
    Here’s my personal example - a G43 that had about 1,500 rounds through it when I first noticed the flaking:

I polished the trigger bar with Mother’s and a Dremel buffing wheel, and the flaking showed up a few weeks later. Glock told me that it wouldn’t affect performance, but that I could send the pistol back to be inspected if I wanted to. I declined the offer, as I had already replaced it with a new trigger bar and smooth trigger shoe.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Am I the only one who finds it odd that you guys are accepting the flaking internal finish as "OK" on a gun that has less than 2k rounds through it?

This is like your headliner in your car drooping after 10k miles. Unacceptable.

This is 2017. we have a ton of options for polymer guns under $500. Glock saying "Well, it shouldn't affect performance..." that's just them saying "the internals are made of a cheaper material than in the past and this is a result of that."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am surprised to hear about the flaking also, I thought the trigger bar was just stainless! That pic of the flaking looks pretty awful. I realize it’s a what $12 or $15 fix maybe to replace it? It’s a big goof on glocks part obviously something went wrong just wish they would do a little more. I guess sending a new trigger bar to install yourself might be too much of a liability for them?

Are the other gen glocks played too?

Ed

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnCapMan View Post
    Yes and they heat treat and it has same hardness as chromium. So harder than nickel plate alone.
    Heat treated industrial nickel plate goes up to 64 for hardness(overlapping the hardness range for hard chrome which is 63-68.). Np3 can go from 68-70 heat treated.

NiB is over 70.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 12-15-17 at 06:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    Here’s my personal example - a G43 that had about 1,500 rounds through it when I first noticed the flaking:

I polished the trigger bar with Mother’s and a Dremel buffing wheel, and the flaking showed up a few weeks later. Glock told me that it wouldn’t affect performance, but that I could send the pistol back to be inspected if I wanted to. I declined the offer, as I had already replaced it with a new trigger bar and smooth trigger shoe.
    That’s bullshit.
    Why is it plated if it doesn’t affect performance?
    It’s a complete failure of the part, as purchased and they need to make it right.

Feedback Score
    I wonder how much money Glocked saved by cheaping out on this part...

This is kinda sad.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I had multiple Gen 4s that had flaky firing pin blocks. Guess they expanded that ‘quality’ manufacturing to other parts.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Battle to the death! CZP10 vs G19g5 vs M&P 2.0 Compact (starts on pg 6)

Am I the only one who thinks the slide release on the MP2.0 is difficult to manipulate without moving your firing grip?

Does anyone make extended controls ?

Official Kremlin Transmission

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the slide release on the MP2.0 is difficult to manipulate without moving your firing grip?

The M&P reviewer in this vid review apparently doesn't have an issue with it , but he mentioned he has large hands ( around the 12:10 mark in the review). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhPk1kjKLPM&t=3s

On my *new* 2.0c I can not drop the slide without changing my grip, and even then it is hard to do. I am pretty sure once used and broken in some it will get easier. You can also clip a few coils off the spring that is under the detent that is in front of the slide release, which will make it easier to release and drop the slide. Shortening the spring will also increase the chance of the slide auto forwarding with a hard mag insertion, so go a little at a time unless you don't mind it auto forwarding.
    Last edited by Biggy; 12-15-17 at 10:16.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I’m a lefty and I cannot for the life of me on any of the 2.0’s release the slide without considerable effort using the right side slide release.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post

I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast