Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle to the death! CZP10 vs G19g5 vs M&P 2.0 Compact (starts on pg 6)

Feedback Score
    On the weekends I work at a shooting range and have put rounds downrange with all of the firearms mentioned. My EDC is a standard M&P9 2.0 with the 4.25" barrel. I have installed some Trijicon HD XR's on it, but other than that it is in stock guise. I've put over 2000 rounds through it. The trigger is vastly better than the previous generations although I still hate the shape of the trigger shoe. If and whenever Apex releases the flat faced option for the 2.0, I will be adding one just for that reason. The CZ-P10C is a nice handgun and my cohort switched from a G19 to one. I would say it is one of the best striker fired triggers out there and it shoots well. The G19 Gen 5 is okay. I don't care for the cut out on the front of the magwell and think they would have been better served if they would have placed them on the sides of the grip rather than the front. I also don't feel a flared magwell is necessary on a double stacked magazine. The lack of finger grooves is preferable to me, but I can live with or without them. As for now I will stick with the M&P9 2.0. If the compact had come out first I would have gone that route.Targets.jpg

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Well, I have gotten the M&P and the Glock past the 1000 round mark. I have only shot the CZ during timed drills, although that didn't stop it from having the first official malfunction of the test.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

GLOCK

THE GOOD

1. Continues to function perfectly. NO erratic ejection.

2. My JM custom Kydex IWB holster for it and the Inforce came in. It fits perfectly and came in about 10 days.
    3. I have zero issue with the cutout on the front of the mag well. I really don't see the need for a magwell on a double stack, but this one is fine.
    4. I haven't cleaned it, at all. Other than being dirty from all the TULA steel

THE BAD

1. The mag falls out more than it is ejected. Not a big deal, but you need to be careful when you are doing reloads, at least in comparison to the MP and CZ.
    2. Not sure why they decided to change the universal rail location. I guess someone told them they had to.
    3. I picked up a Inforce Compact for it. It appears that the bar was meant for the old Glock universal rail style so I probably shouldn't have gotten the Glock specific model. Either way, it works fine, it just sits a touch forward.

THE UGLY

1. Just the lack of frame beveling at the front of the gun. Other than that it is perfect, especially since I am no fan of forward slide serrations.

M&P

THE GOOD.

1. No jams, malfunctions, etc. Runs perfectly.
    2. The grip is fantastic. Compared to the Glock the chance of getting a bad grab on the timer is lower. The shape of the grip just guides your hand into place and the checkering locks it in.
    3. Accuracy is equivalent of Glock.

THE BAD

1. I had two failures to lock back on the last round during 666 drills on two different days. This is absolutely user-induced. However, I didn't see these malfunctions with the G19 or CZ. This is due to my not gripping the gun properly after the reload--trying basically to beat the timer. This isn't the gun's fault--but the design may not be as resistant to this error as the CZ and Lock.

The UGLY

I am a little mixed on the 17 round mag adaptor. I noticed they may be causing the plate to come loose.

CZ

The GOOD.

1.Still consistently the fastest gun on Bill drills. This comes down the the super light trigger and the excellent grip. Even if it runs a .1 slow on some reloads the splits typically catch it right back up.

2. Probably the most accurate of the three. When shooting at steel plates at 100 the CZ is usually the winner. Again, trigger.

3. My JM custom Kydex IWB for it installed with my Surefire XC1. I love JM Custom.

4. Again, all tightness in the ejection button is long gone.

The BAD

FIRST MALFUNCTION!!! OMG, THROW IT IN THE TRASH.

Anyway, while I was doing some timed bill drills, I had a failure to extract. This was with Tula steel, but I have to say it was the first real "jam" of the entire test (approximately 4500 rounds, with the VAST majority being Tula or Wolf steel). I finished out Bills and 6/6/6 drills and didn't see any more malfunctions, but we will see when I reintroduce the CZ to regular shooting.

The Ugly.

Nothing really.

CZ P10 2246 rounds fired, 1 malfunctions (Failure to extract/Tula @ ~2150), 1 cleaning at 2000 rounds.

G19 1218 rounds fired, 0 malfunctions, 0 cleanings

M&P 1122 rounds fired, 0 malfunctions, 0 cleanings

Best of the week Bill Drills

CZ (1.37 draw/ 2.62 overall)
    M&P (1.39 draw /2.63 overall)
    G19 (1.42 draw/2.77 overall)

Best of the week 6/6/6 from concealment drills

MP (1.64 draw/2.59 reload/5.37 overall)
    Glock19 (1.5 draw/2.23 reload/4.81 overall)
    CZ (1.45 draw/ 2.52 reload/ 4.96 overall)

I have just gotten 3k more TULA steel ammo. This stuff works great. And at $149 per 1k it is hard to beat. Still, it is nasty!

My buddy brought out his P01. It had a 15 round mag so I did some comparison pics. That gun has a fantastic DA pull. People always complain that no one ever put out a G19 sized gun. Other than the P01, USP compact, P2000, Cz-75 compact and about 50 other guns they are right. This gun is great. However, I think the M&P is the king of the sight radius.

Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    P-10c looks huge compared to the rest!!!! Grip looks much longer than the glock or smith. Looks like it should hold 17.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Great comparison!

I would just ditch the 17 mag adapter on the M&P. It's the only part of the overall package that I think is poorly designed. They don't latch on and just float around, I had some in my range bag and they would work themselves up the mag easily. If carried with the mag upside down they slide down. They aren't needed, just let the 17 rounder stick out the bottom like a G17 mag in a G19.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Here is a link to a review of the M&P 2.0 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhPk1kjKLPM&t=1s

Hopefully my quest for the best all around 9mm compact pistols has ended. I really like my two Gen 5 G19's but I also like my two M&P 2.0 compacts. Both great pistols, but I do shoot the 2.0 compacts a little better. Maybe its the triggers, I don't know. Also, the Apex trigger breaks approx .080" of an inch farther forward than the factory trigger and along with the included grip inserts , you can pretty much get the perfect trigger reach and grip feel for you. Just one man's experience of course. I don't use or need any adapters when using the full size or extended mags, just let them hang out.

Last edited by Biggy; 11-13-17 at 21:21.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Extra mags are here:

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Extra mags are here:

Thanks for the heads up on these, mine came today also.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Man...while I was huge fan of the M&P series, I swore them off and went to Glock due to the difficulty in getting two that shot the same ammo equally well. Looks like this has changed. With the Compact 2.0 out, I may be tempted to switch rather than go to the Gen5 Glocks. While I i love everything the Gen5 Glock represents, sometimes my wrists don't appreciate the grip angle. Seriously hoping the 2.0 series pans out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Man...while I was huge fan of the M&P series, I swore them off and went to Glock due to the difficulty in getting two that shot the same ammo equally well. Looks like this has changed. With the Compact 2.0 out, I may be tempted to switch rather than go to the Gen5 Glocks. While I i love everything the Gen5 Glock represents, sometimes my wrists don't appreciate the grip angle. Seriously hoping the 2.0 series pans out.
    Curious, why switch if your current Glocks are doing fine? Is it desire to just have the latest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostly View Post
    Curious, why switch if your current Glocks are doing fine? Is it desire to just have the latest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Short version: Grip angle.

Long version: I like the Glock as a functional, no frills, dead reliable, accurate pistol. I don't care for the grip shape, but I can usually live with it. The issue is that sometimes my wrists get aggravated with the grip angle, and I'm down to one full size Glock due to a hard year. I've looked at the P320 and the VP9, but haven't been persuaded it's worth the change over the G19. The G19 sized 2.0 might be worth pursuing over a second G19, in my specific case. The occasional wrist issues may make me a prime candidate for a G19 grip reduction, but for the price of the work I can probably try the 2.0 and sell it if needed.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast